iv.

four !*ೃ✧˚

four !
*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ˊ-

CAROLINE APPROACHED THE bars which separated the tributes inside and the viewing area where families watched.

"Jessup! Jessup." She called out, trying to grasp the boy's attention.

He rested beside Lucy Gray. Both District 12 tributes turned their heads at the call of Jessup's name. Jessup stood up and walked towards the bars.

"Hi. How are you doing in here?" Caroline asked.

"It's suffocating." He muttered.

"Sounds about right. I brought you some food if you're hungry."

The boy simply nodded, and Caroline retrieved the sandwich she had brought from lunch, offering it to him.

While Jessup savored his meal, Coriolanus entered the premises accompanied by Sejanus. Sejanus proceeded to approach his tribute, Marcus, extending an offer of food, while Coriolanus positioned himself beside Caroline to engage in conversation with Lucy Gray.

"Lucy Gray, this is Caroline Ellis." Coriolanus introduced.

Caroline allowed a small smile to grace her lips as she shook Lucy Gray's hand through the bars.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." Caroline marveled.

Coriolanus' jaw tightened as he observed the two girls interacting. It bothered him to witness Caroline's generosity and kindness towards others, contrasting sharply with the cold and rude demeanor she often displayed towards him.

He reached into his bag to pull out the food he'd brought for Lucy. When she received it, she asked Jessup if he wanted any.

"I'm not hungry, anymore," Jessup stated.

"You think I can't hear your stomach still growling, Jessup Diggs?" Lucy Gray challenged.

Jessup took the food in defeat. Caroline frowned, feeling bad for not bringing more for the boy to eat.

The boy turned his head to observe the rest of the mentors with their tributes. Caroline noticed a bite on his neck. She reached out to inspect it, cupping the side of his face.

"What happened?" She questioned, being careful not to touch the wound.

"I was bit by a bat on the train." He mumbled.

Caroline's face was visibly etched with abundant concern. She inspected the bite closely and delicately, biting her lip in concentration.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Fine," Jessup responded.

"It's infected. I'll bring you something next time I see you." Caroline promised.