𝑿𝑰𝑰

"GIRL YOU KNOW YOU'RE LOST
LOST IN THE THRILL OF IT ALL"

         જ⁀➴
Lost by Frank Ocean

"And what are you going to do in the meaning time?"I ask calmly as I start to take out my textbook and flipping through the pages.

"You know, flower girl, that's a great question." the boy stands up and starts to walk around my room stopping to look at my little vinyl cart. I hear him looking at the records one by one. "The Ronettes, Lesley Gore, Connie Francis...god your music taste is horrible." I roll my eyes and look over to the boy, who seems to be holding a vinyl in his hands but is looking at me instead.

"Don't ever disrespect my girls like this again. I mean, who do you like?"I stand up, scoffing, and walk to him, snatching the Connie Francis album out of his grip. "Elvis-" "Of course." He narrows his eyes and looks at me through his lashes, almost offended. "What's that supposed to mean?" I let out a chuckle as I put the vinyl Im holding back in place. "Nothing. That's just the first artist who comes to mind when I think of white, little snobby boys' idols."

"Well come on! Lesley gore isn't any better!" He puts his hands in his pockets and rocks on his heels. I sigh and without giving him the chance to say anything else, I start to look for a vinyl. Blue Hawaii. "I never said I didn't like Elvis Presley, in fact I think he's a legend but, I guess I like other artists more." He takes the vinyl and examines it before starting to nod. His eyes shoot up to meet mine and once they do, a big smirk appears on Descamps face.

"I'm almost impressed," his voice low, as I realize that he wants to put the record on. My hands immediately find his to stop him from going further but once I feel his rough hand under the smooth skin of mine, I sense the presence next to me freeze. We both stare at our hands, the size difference being obvious.

My throat tightens as I feel a weird sting in my hand, as well as a pit in my stomach. Like when you're on a ride at the funfair, and the weight of the ride drops so suddenly that you can't process what's happening.

His eyes wander up to my face, almost too quickly and just as fast, I pull my hand from his, taking the vinyl too. With a cough, the atmosphere that had been created, or that I created in my mind, is gone.

"Uhm, my father is sleeping. Wouldn't want to wake him up." I gulp and walk back to my desk. "Oh, yeah sorry."he sounds almost as confused as I am, which reliefs me in some way. At least I'm not the only one who doesn't know what just happened. It's pathetic, such a simple act getting me so worked up. And over whom? DESCAMPS? The hormones must be really kicking in then.

He disgusts me.

Descamps walks again around the room, looking at the pictures on my wall. "You were a fat baby."I hear him say while trying to hold back his laughter. Without even looking at him, I say:"Shut up!". My hands find the pen and I start to write, his footsteps distracting me until he stands right behind me. I sit upright after having written a paragraph and feel my head hitting his lower abdomen softly.

I look up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "What?"I say abruptly, as he puts his hands on either side of me on the desk, completely hovering over me and I realize he's reading the text I've just written. My hand finds the paper to hinder him from reading the rest because he hasn't even given me the time to proofread it, which means it's probably terrible.

In an unexpected and swift motion he snatches the paper from my hand. "Hey!"I snap at him, but he's holding the sheet so high up that I can't reach to it. So, instead of protesting any further, I sit on my bed, waiting for him to finish. His eyebrows shoot up, nodding in approval. "This is fantastic."