𝑰𝑰𝑰

"AND I TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD DO THIS ALL TO ME.
YOU MUST BE INSECURE YOU MUST BE SO UNHAPPY."

           જ⁀➴

                    "The grudge by Olivia Rodrigo"

Late night walks have always been my favorite thing in the whole entire world. Well, after pink tulips, my guitar and bows. When I was an infant, my mother would put me in a stroller and walk me around for hours late at night, that way I could fall asleep. Then, when I grew a few inches, I had gotten so used to it that everyday, my mother and I would go on walks together and we'd tell each other everything that had happened that day.

Now, I go on these walks alone and my father doesn't even know about it. I sneak out of my window every night right before giving him a kiss goodnight. And It'll stay that way for the rest of my life, or at least for the rest of my youth.

The quietfullness of the night, stings my ears and has me all worked up inside my thoughts. I'm still thinking about my bike...on the one side I don't know descamps, which means Louis could be right but on the other...he apologized. Why do that right before stealing my bike? It just doesn't add up.

Something else that's also bugging me is..just the school. Boys stare, a lot, and I just don't feel comfortable. Everytime I walk through the hallways of that school, boys whisper, they observe, they judge. At least that's the feeling I'm getting. So I'm not very thrilled to be back tomorrow.

"Excuse me.."a low voice breaks me out of my thoughts and I turn my head as quickly as possible. My mother had always warned me to be careful when I'd going out this late. My reflexes are pretty good thanks to her and her lectures, the ones she gave me every second day. But it isn't a predator that's standing in front of me, it's a guy...from school?

"Do I know you?"I say as I keep my distance from the boy, who's very well dressed and composed. "Uhm...I'd say yes. I saw you in the hallway today, talking to my sister. Michele?"he steps forward and the light pole shines its light right on him, that's when I completely recognize him. "Yes...Michele didn't tell me she had a brother."I cross my arms and look at him with a puzzled look on my face.

He sighs and let's out a little laugh. "I- That's because I told her not to tell anybody. I'm telling you so I can walk you home. It isn't safe for a beautiful and young lady like you to walk alone at night." I let my hands fall gently and smile at him. "No need. I'm used to walking alone at night." He smiles back at me. "Are you though? You shouldn't be talking to strangers." "But you're Michele's brother, you are no stranger." I tilt my head and keep my eyes on him. "How do you I'm not lying?" "Because you have the same eyes. Also I saw you talking to her in 'secret'. " I air quote the last word and he lets out a chuckle. "You're a perceptive lady, has anybody told you that?" I start to walk towards him, cutting the distance between us a little shorter. "That I'm a lady? Absolutely not. That I'm perceptive? Every other day." I say with a tone that screams sarcasm and smile which he returns.

He looks at his hands and then up at me, his smile still plastered on his face. "What's your name?" he asks, and god, we haven't even introduced each other. "Juliette. Juliette Iverson. I think I've said that 500 times today." I hug my chest, because the wind is getting a tad too chilly. "Well, I guess it's 501 now, isn't it? That's a beautiful name by the way. Juliette" he rolls my name on his tongue to listen to the sound of it, with his eyes still glued on me.

He notices the goosebumps on my forearms and the way I'm trying to warm myself up. With one swift motion, he takes his jacket off and puts it around my shoulders without any hesitation. "Thanks."I smile at him and he just nods. "So, what's the gentleman's name?"the question seems to be appreciated as he smirks at me. "Jean-Pierre Magnan. That's the gentleman's name." I take his hand and shake it softly. "Pleasure."my smile grows wide. "I'd really like to stay here and talk to you, but I fear I have to go home." "Of course but I'm not letting you walk home alone. And I don't want to hear no for an answer."

My eyes linger on him for a little too long.
Who is this guy? God I can't believe he goes to my school. The average guy at Voltaire high either spits out dirty comments about your appearance or steals your bike. But he...he gave me his jacket and is offering to walk me home because he's worried something might happen to me. This just might have to be some kind of wonder.

-

I'm getting dressed in a hurry after having woken up too late to go to school. I throw on some white blouse and a yellow skirt, take my bag and run out the door. There's Louis waiting for me on his bike, anxiously looking at his watch. "Juliette! Hop on, come on!" I run to him and sit on the back seat of his bike, holding onto his waist. Once we arrive, louis quickly chains his bike and we run inside. Everybody's already in their respective class, most of them are still waiting for the teacher to arrive.

"Thank god we're still in time. By the way thanks for waiting for me." I smile cheekily at him. "You're pretty lucky to have me aren't you?" he chuckles as he offers me his arm to be taken with my hand. "The luckiest." I giggle and let go off him. "Oh! I forgot to tell you. Guess who walked me home the other night." "Somebody walked you home?!"he acts shocked and I punch his arm jokingly. "I'm kidding...who?"he smiles. "Jean-Pierre Magnan."I smile proudly, because he truly is a handsome and charming guy. He stops in his tracks and looks at me. "Jean Pierre? As in the green eyed boy every girl has been swooning over since...well...yesterday?!"he can't even believe his own words as he speaks them. "The one and only."

"Wait how did that happen?"he asks, now very intrigued. "Well I was on my usual night walk and all of the sudden he was there. We talked a little and he wouldn't refuse to let me get home on my own. So I let him accompany me." He chuckles and smiles. "Now that's a great piece of news...we have our first suitor." he whistles. "Oh shut up.."I giggle. "What? It's not like you're the most gorgeous girl out of all eleven of them." he says, looking at me like I've just said a terrible joke. "You're only saying that because you're my best friend." He crosses his arms and holds back his smile. "And also because the new girls were the top topic of yesterday and because your name was the most talked about." I look at him with a shocked expression as we walk into class. "Have you seen Michele-".

All of the sudden, I feel cold water hitting me like a tsunami. I gasp at the sudden contact of the frigid water on my hot skin. The water runs down my chest all the way to my legs. At this point I'm drenched in water and I open my eyes. Descamps and his friends are laughing at me, some of my classmates look concerned but don't do anything to help me.

I look over at Simone and Michele, they're both standing, looking shocked. Simone's hand goes to her mouth as Michele gasps audibly. Descamps looks at me like he's the dog and I'm the dog food, actually he's looking directly at one place. I tilt my head down and see that the white blouse I was wearing is now transparent and my bra is full on display. "I love the bra...does it match your panties?"Descamps laughs and I tilt my lower jaw down, slightly opening my mouth.

The tears in my eyes are starting to form, the humiliation and embarrassment starting to rise inside of me. "What is it? Cats got your tongue? You didn't actually think I was being sincere when I apologized yesterday?"he starts to laugh again, this time hardly. It looks like he can't breathe anymore. He walks over to the board and starts to draw...a woman's body, my body.

And before I know it, Louis is on descamps, his knuckles hitting his face repeatedly. Each time, with a stronger force. Descamps friends, who were once smiling and laughing, are now worriedly trying to get my bestfriend off of theirs, when suddenly not only our english teacher, but also the dean walk in...

 Descamps friends, who were once smiling and laughing, are now worriedly trying to get my bestfriend off of theirs, when suddenly not only our english teacher, but also the dean walk in

HELLO LOVES!! How are you doing? Lord this was a long chapter. I could've done two chapters for it but I didn't wanna write a chapter without descamps in it, sooo here it is.

What do we think? If you have any suggestions drop them;))

Btw follow my tt account if you'd like! @booksxswiftie