Chapter 3 - Flipping each switch

Start from the beginning

"What is going on?" Nanami questioned the blushing lad. "This is way too much pressure for you to be unleashing your control over this world. And WHY ME? What have I done to be judged by the scales of Anubis?"

"Judgement will be due, once I hear about your opinion about the statement I am about to make." Gil dawned in his servant clothing. Bearing the clock of Anubis and holding his own version of the scales that has his own heart placed, he descended down to the avatar of Paimonia. With a wave of his hand, a flick of his fingers, he fashioned the sand to hold only his teacher's head above the sand and placing his entire body under the sands of time. With each grain hitting and altering Sensei's body, he could feel as that much slip from him. "I want to judge your truthfulness and how loyal you will remain to me. In my life, I am constantly surrounded by people. Yet at the same time, I find people who are always talking behind my back. No matter how many friends I have, my truest of friends are always the avatars of demons. Very few close friends of mine are actually servants. Why is that my lovely teacher?"

"I am not here to have a debate with you, my boy. I dare you to place my old heart on the scales, and truthfully judge me. I have nothing to betray you, neither do I have anything to gain or lose in this battle. Only this world would lose someone maintaining the mantle of peace in an era of destruction with the creation of servants and avatars in this present day and age. All the work of the Binary Gods. Patiently waiting, until they will again wake up, and revisit the multiverses that they have the very capabilities of destroying in a single blink of their eye." answered the now much more calmed down teacher. He wanted to attain a grasp of the situation he was going to be put through.

Gil's powers were in a showcase at this point. The sand that he summons from the holes of reality can eat up a person's life span and in turn, the person returns to the very sand he is born from, or Gil makes sure to give the person a proper burial within the sand itself. His scales form an integral part of the domain of death. Upon placing the heart of the person to be judged, depending on the side it tips, the person can either have their soul saved by Anubis, attain a heavenly life in ordo, or get eaten by the Ammit.

Mythologies are so fascinating. Humans have always tried their best to explain the world structure around them, as well as the order of the world that they live in. Time, space, reality, they choose to question the philosophy behind all these variables and do their best to try and fit them in some sort of puzzle, so that they can understand the world system that runs. Artists and writers work upon their own fascinations of their system of the world and showcase their work to the world. However, who truly knows about the state of the world. The Binary Gods only awaken when they are bored of their eternal sleep to maintain the peace and balance of the world. When they do wake up, even the fortress of the multiverse is at the mercy of these powerful beasts. I am just the narrator, but even I fear the state of my being, if I am just erased by these gods. Afterall, while I am watching stories unfold, I can only watch these stories and narrate them. I cannot interfere in these stories even if I tried. However, no matter how powerful, the writer of the world can definitely change the entire world.

"No matter who is writing your story, my child. Just know this statement. I will always be there to back you up. I am there always by your side. There's a lot to discuss. Therefore, finish tipping your scales of judgement and clean this sand. It's irritating me now." Sensei told the servant of Anubis. "Sand is so rough. It's coarse and it gets everywhere."

"Alright then, let me place your heart and let me Judge you properly." Gil carefully descended and placed his hand into the cavity of Nanami, gently taking out the heart that needed to be assessed. Placing his heart on the grand scales, each sand's soul could be hearing as they were sighed with relief.

The scales had tipped on the side of loyalty, and another soul would be living for another day. What? Did you think that there would be a major character's death so early into the series? Who are you and I to judge, which character is a major character, and which character is a minor character in someone's story.

As the sand slowly started clearing up, both teacher and student came back to their senses as they returned to a timeline which is one second after what they had left to a sand filled dimension. The roses were still present but one had its petals wilting with the strong aura of death now present around Gil.

"Now can you finally tell me. Who are you in love with? How long has it been since you were previously in a relationship and what do you intend on doing that now you are in love with someone?" questioned the tired teacher. He had already asked way too many questions and had gotten answers which he really didn't require. Sensei was going to be reaching his limit with the level of insanity that had reached.

Gil took a deep breath, and was now ready to answer. He had judged this current version of his teacher and was now sure that he won't betray Gil. "I have a huge crush on the Insane Princess of our class. Sakurai. It's been almost eight to nine years since I was last in a relationship. I think that Astaroth did a good thing keeping it hidden. I want to look forward to a fruitful relationship with someone like the servant of Kore. In a world that is dictated by Pseudo-powered gods and demons, don't you think that it's binding that we have a normal life. Well, leave normal life, whatever we can make with our lives at this point."

"As to why I love her, well that's because- " The next statements that were about to be uttered by Gil shocked not only the teacher present in the room, but as the narrator, I didn't expect a simple romance story to have this line pop out. I am now questioning if this was meant to be a simple romance in the first place.

"I love her because I want to judge and kill her within my domain."