daeho cleared his throat and looked down at the list in his hands, "i think he's in your major. his name was na-"

"so sorry for being late! my class ended later than expected" the door burst open and in walked hyemin's demise.

ofcourse.
the club she had just joined had na jaemin as a member too.

so much for wanting to keep her mind off him.

jaemin was confused to see her there too and gasped, "hyemin?"
"you two already know eachother? great! that saves us from introductions, let's get straight to the meeting. have a seat, jaemin, lovely to have you here"

yeah, very lovely..

thankfully, jaemin opted to sit 4 seats away from hyemin and spoke nothing else to her the rest of the time daeho spoke about the club and their affiliations. though, they both kept stealing glances at eachother.

"since we barely have any members and me and hana are already president and vice president, you both can be the secretaries. we just need a general secretary and a finance secretary. hopefully you two can discuss it within yourselves. I'll make a groupchat so we can discuss other matters and don't be afraid to contact me or hana if you have any questions." daeho concluded his short speech and dismissed everyone.

hyemin stood up as quickly as she could and bolted out the door. jaemin saw this and ran after her without uttering a word to the confused couple left in the room.

"do you think they're friends?" the boy answered, receiving a shrug
"i don't know but there's definitely some tension. hopefully they can work it out"

hyemin tried to walk as fast as she could but unfortunately, her unfit legs gave up on her and she slowed down subconsciously. it didn't help that jaemin was a fast walker when he needed to be, so he caught up to her in no time, reaching out to grab her wrist to make her acknowledge his presence.

"just hear me out-"
"can we pretend it never happened?" hyemin said quicker than lightening

jaemin was quiet for a while. he genuinely felt like she hated him before but now it felt like she wanted him long gone out of her life.

"i.." he tried forming a sentence without letting his emotions get the best of him but that didn't work as his voice wavered a bit
"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.. I've always really, really liked you, hyemin. i know it wasn't the right time but I just.. I don't know i just said it because it came to my mi-"

"jaemin, just.. please can we just act like it never happened?"

"how can i pretend like i never told you what i feel about you? it was easier keeping myself composed when it was still a secret but now i feel like absolute shit because i think you hate me just for having feelings for you!" his voice rose without him noticing it but the look of shock on hyemin's face caused him to speak softer as he said

"look, hye. i-" he gulped at the forming ache in his throat and heaved a sigh with his eyes closed. he held both her hands and brought them up to his chest where she could feel his erratic heartbeat

"i love you, okay? if you don't feel the same way then i understand but just.. please don't ignore me. i can't pretend it never happened because it did and it just makes me think you don't want anything to do with me. but i want you to want me in your life- I don't care how. please don't push me away, hye. i.. " voice cracking, he opened his eyes and looked into her own glistening ones, "i really love you"

for a solid minute, they stayed like that. her head was empty of things to say but she had so many thoughts running through her mind at the same time. her mind was telling her to do one thing which she did, and she was glad she did it.