Chapter 4 : Her first

I hate early morning assembly like mad, cos why would they allow us the students to stand under Sun just because we are student doesn't mean we're a nobody.

Like we're literally the ones paying them salary , we pay school fees which is their salary.

The bell for general assembly had been rung since . But I was still in the class with Mofe. I know any minute from now teachers or prefects would show up to chase us , so it's better we go on our free will .

“ let's start going” I told mofe who nodded .

We left the classroom then I saw Tega approaching with Jason, such a cute boy.

Other people were with them but I really didn't care about them.

“ Rebel, you want to skip assembly init?” Tega said.

I wish I could , I could tell Tega to let me stay but I didn't want to miss this assembly cos I think they're going to suspend John and Martha they were caught in one toilet by a teacher.

“ I'm not a rebel , and I'm already going” I said rolling my eyes at him.

I stole a glance at Jason who I thought would be staring at me but he wasn't he had actually walked further.

I don't know why I'd think that. But I felt someone staring at me it was another guy . I saw his prefect badge

Elo David, assistant library prefect.

“ what were you doing inside the class?” Tega asked checking the back of the door.  God this boy is just so funny.

“ I was doing something very bad but the person has ran away” I said and he chuckled.

He was about to go when I stopped him

“ Tega escort us to assembly so they don't punish us”.

“ you and that runaway needs to be punished .” Tega said
I heard Mofe snort a laugh.

I glared at him.

“ Oya let's go” he said before leading the way.

I smiled in victory.

“ so you talk to Tega?” Mofe whispered and I nodded.

I saw Jason approaching my heart didn't race like I thought it would.

“ Veronica” he said as we passed each other .

“ Jason” I called out.

Tega and Mofe were a bit ahead so they didn't hear or see what happened.

******

The suspension of John and Martha was the talk of the school. Teachers were very surprised cos they know Martha as the good girl.

I still wonder why she changed, not in a million years would I think she'll do something like that.

I don't know what they did sha .

“ how many weeks was the suspension sef?” Pamela asked

“ 2 weeks” Mofe replied.

“ Omo that girl shock me o ” I said.

“ aswr” immediately the bell was rung for closing.

Tega did not do extra lesson he said he had something to do at home so I wasn't going to his class today.

WE WERE ALREADY AT the pedestrian gate Mofe had just gone while I and Pamela were discussing something.

“ you must be very stupid" I heard someone say behind me I turned around to see Hope.

Tbh I don't know what this girl's problem was. She was the one that sent me a text on Saturday and now she's here asking if I'm stupid.

“ what?” that was all I could ask I didn't want to say anything more than that.

“ you think you're better than everybody abi? Let me just tell you something we are no longer friends” Hope said.

I've seen this side of Hope but on other people not me. I really don't know what's wrong with her .

“ I didn't consider you as a friend before” I wanted to say but instead I kept it to myself. I don't want anything that would attract people.

“ okay” was what I said instead.

I can't  believe my 1st senior year started with my best friend being a dope.
Well I'd say ex–bestfriend.

Third person's POV

Hope's just pained that Veronica was doing good without her. She had thought that Veronica would come and meet her today after she was saw the message but it's like she was having fun with Pamela.

She has always seen Veronica as a Weakley. Was she wrong?.

What triggered her anger was when she saw Tega and Veronica coming to assembly together.

Hope left where Veronica and Pamela were .

“ are you okay?” Pamela asked.
“ one kin” Veronica said.

“ someone like her won't have good friends cos she'll chase them away without knowing. Don't think about her, she's not worth it” Pamela said.

Veronica nodded and they said their goodbyes .

S

he had reached her house , but she decided to pay Tega a visit.
The gate was already opened she went in and luckily she saw Tega sitting outside.

The house is very big one could say almost like a mansion. She often comes to his house that Tega's parents are very familiar with her.

When Tega sighted her he stopped what he was doing on his phone and approached her.

“ how're you?” he asked.

“ I'm okay, why'd you leave your gate opened?”

“ i don't even know maybe it's the gateman” he said and she nodded .

“ where are your parents?” she asked.

“ I'm the only one at home let's go inside ” he said putting his hand on her shoulders as they went inside.

“ You look moody ” Tega said studying her face.

Veronica adjusted herself on the bed.

“ well Hope happened” she said.

“ let me guess she insulted you again?”

" Something like that”

” why do you keep reasoning that girl? She shouldn't be the one to make you this moody. She's not worth it” he said which made a small smile appear on her lips.

“ that's funny cos it's the same thing Pamela said”  she laid completely on the bed and stared at the celling .

His room was big the walls were painted white and it was covered with stickers of mostly football players and other people, just a typical boy's room .

“ it's like that Pamela girl knows a thing or two” he said .

“ of course that's why we're friends” she said getting up.

“ you'll be fine you have other friends, okay?”

“ yes like I have you ” she said and silence followed they stared at each other before their lips met.