𝟎𝟎𝟎𝟒

「 ✦ 𝗸𝘆𝘀𝘀 𝗽å 𝗳ø𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿  ✦ 」

WHEN                                                  WHEN

                                 WHEN

           WHEN                                           WHEN                              WHEN

                      WHEN                                                   WHEN

WHEH                          WHEN

                     WHEN                          WHEN                      WHEN                        WHEN

WHEN                    WHEN                                    WHEN

                                                    WHEN

WHEN

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗦𝗔𝗪 𝗬/𝗡 run out the library with your hand covering her mouth, he knew something was wrong. He considered telling a teacher, but they probably wouldn't care. So he went to find you himself.

He lightly knocked on the female restroom door, glad the halls were empty. "Y/N? Are you okay?" no response. Then Miles heard vomiting noises, and he awkwardly stepped away and waited until he thought her sickness passed. Then there was a long silence, and that was when Miles sought the nurse for help. The nurse walked into an open window and empty stalls.

The nurse contacted the police, and the search began. The entire building knew about it by the end of school, rumours forming here and there. Miles ignored the speculations, going back into his home and changing.

Uncle Aaron peeked his head out of the garage, seeing Miles dressed up "Yo, where are you goin'? It's not even dark yet."

"It's important."

"Okay go get yo girl...I guess" 

The Prowler made sure to stay low. First, he checked the roof, then the train station, and anywhere he thought a depressed girl could go. (no offense to you of course.)

Finally, when he was just about to give up he saw Y/N sitting on a park bench, tears rolling down her cheeks as she smoked. He came and sat down beside the e/c girl, who seemed surprised to see him.

"Hi." Y/N mumbled, taking out a cigarette from the pack "Do you want one?"

He shook his head, he swore he'd never take any kind of substance in his life, not after he saw how it could affect others.

Y/N shrugged. "It's the first snowfall." She looked up at the grey sky, wiping her eyes and laughing humorlessly "And I'm still alone... fuck, sorry I shouldn't cry—"

The Prowler put a hand on Y/N's shoulder, but Y/N only put her gaze on the floor, tears dripping onto the ground. "You have me."

"I don't even know who you are under the mask. I just need one brain-functional civilian who understands me. Is that too much to ask" She questioned, asking no one in particular.

"Look at me" The Prowler put a hand on her chin, forcing her to look at him. "You may not know my identity, but I am still a person. A person who cares about you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have stolen from you, I wouldn't have given you my coat or asked if you were okay."

All she could do was stare at him, what was now a waterfall streaming down her cheeks.

"So, if there's no one else in the world." He leaned in slightly "Remember that you've still got one person."

The Prowler lifted his mask just above his nose, lips softly touching Y/N's. He could taste the saltiness of her tears, and cigarettes mixed with vanilla on her lips. He never wanted to kiss another woman again.

Abruptly the kiss ended by him being pushed backwards. "We shouldn't have done that." She put her fingers over her lips, and her head turned in another direction. "I- I need to go."

"Y/N—" He grabbed her arm, but she easily tore it away, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm...I'm sorry."

end of: 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐏: 𝟎𝟎𝟎𝟒

unedited

(nearly halfway through the story 😼)