𝟎𝟎𝟎𝟔

{{ 𝗻𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝘆𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 }}

{{ 𝗻𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝘆𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 }}

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗧 of Mrs Morales' car as the scenery outside the window sped by, creating a colourful blur. "This is crazy," you muttered, feeling overwhelmed. "I should've said something sooner," 

Mrs Morales agreed as she turned a corner. "Did you leave anything back at your house?"

"No, I've got everything. Thanks again. I don't know what I'd do without you," you said, feeling grateful for her help.

"No problem," Mrs Morales said with a smile. "The only thing I ask in return is to be friends with my son." You nodded, knowing that it was the least you could do after everything she had done for you.

"Alright. What's his name?" you asked, ready to start making a new friend.

She smiled. "His name is Miles." The name sounded familiar, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it. You repeated it to yourself, trying to figure out where you had heard it before. "Miles," you said again, suddenly remembering where you had heard it.

"We're here," Mrs Morales said, pulling you out of your thoughts. You opened the car door and stepped out, forgetting about the name.

You walked into the apartment building, taking in the surroundings. The first thing you noticed was the pictures on the walls. There was a picture of a boy in a baseball uniform, holding a trophy, with two others carrying him on their shoulders. There was another picture of the same boy, this time winning second place in a spelling bee. And your favourite, a picture of the boy dressed up as a police officer for Halloween.

You stared at the pictures, feeling like you recognized the boy, but couldn't quite put your finger on it. That's when it hit you. There was another picture, one that looked like it was taken more recently. A picture of the boy, with two braids in his hair, smiling while hugging a police officer.