Introduction - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

**************

𝙸𝙸

In a green meadow, a few miles off of a desert town there was small shack, which was where Koji lived in a small shack. Koji used his wits and craftiness to build himself a place to sleep, there was a stream nearby where he would bathe with a thin cloth, and an organized pile of wood for campfires.

 Occasionally he would go into town and work and offer to help out in exchange for metal coins, or for a simple smile. He was his father's son.

Koji had a servant's heart; he thought his father would be proud of his wits. He used to be royalty, the heir to the throne of the fire nation. But when Ozai had taken the throne from Fire lord Azulon, and stolen Iroh's rightful place on it, he decided to send Koji into exile, separating him from Iroh out of fear that Iroh would train Koji up so that one day he'd rise and reclaim the throne. 

Koji was seen asleep on the floor of his small wooden home, sprawled out wildly and his mouth open wide as he dreamed of his father.

"...koji..." An echoed voice said. 

Koji's eyes fluttered, his lungs drawing a staggered breath as he began to fall out of his slumber. "...Koji." The voice said again. This time louder and more urgent.

Koji slightly opened his eyes looking around in his cold, soiled state before a hand slapped him across the face, leaving his cheek red. "Ugh. I forgot how hard he sleeps. Get him up." A moment later, two men with stocky arms grabbed Koji below the arm and held him up from the floor. 

 By now, your Koji's senses had somewhat returned to him. Looking ahead, Koji spotted someone he wasn't expecting to see for a long time. "Azula..." Koji rasped, his throat as dry as the Si Wong desert from breathing in and out through his mouth. 

Azula looked him up and down, comparing him now to what he once was in the fire nation. "I see exile hasn't treated you well, cousin." Azula teased, poking at his fallen glory.

"I always hated your little comments... you know that?" Koji grimaced, brushing a short fluff of hair to the side. "How'd you find me?" 

Azula smiled and pulled a mythical trinket from a back pocket of hers. You looked away slightly, squinting your eyes from the bright light. It was a circular piece of metal, and a gem inside glowed so bright that you couldn't look at it straight.