1.1

Wrath. 

Sing, O muse, of the rage of Persephone Jackson, daughter of Poseidon. Murderous. Doomed. Who brought countless ills upon the Greeks. Hurling down to the house of Hades so many sturdy souls.

The earth shook beneath her rage, the storm roared around her making the world identical to the raging agony in her soul. Her screams of godly rage echoed through the world as her fingers clutched onto the wet sand. 

Waves crashed and the wind howled violently but none of it reached her. Not even the weary cracks of thunder that were meant to serve as warning broke through her despair. 

She was done. 

It was supposed to be over. 

Two wars. 

Endless questing and monsters. 

Constant fear and grief. 

She sacrificed her childhood, her friends, her family, her very sanity. She jeopardized everything she cared about each summer as an offering to the gods.

She crawled through Tartarus itself. 

She survived it all, every challenge, every impossible feat. She was the fucking hero of Olympus twice over.

And this... This was her prize. 

She cursed the fates. After all, what more could they do to her? They had come to her in the night whispering in her dreams. Twice she had defied their will. 

The first was when she was sixteen, standing before the throne of Olympus. She looked the king of the gods in the eye and declined his gift, declined godhood.

The second she was down in Tartarus, choking the goddess of misery on her own poison. Her mortal shell was already cracking, she was on the verge of godhood. But she denied her fate once more for her best friend Annabeth.

She refused to be a god. The thought of never seeing her family and friends again, cut her deep. The thought of never joining the dead in Elysium was agony. No...

Percy Jackson never asked to be a goddess.

But the fates were not so merciful. 

"Persephone Jackson." Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos stood before her in her Demi-god dream. It felt as if she was underwater surrounded by an ancient power. 

She just waited for the shoe to drop. She knew it had been too calm, too peaceful. 

"Your destiny has been woven since the moment you were born. The forbidden child. Kronos bane. Hero of Olympus. First Daughter of the Sea God... You hold our favor and yet you deny our gifts." Atropos spoke, her raspy voice sending chills up the sea spawn's spine. 

"Twice you have denied your fate." Clotho hissed. 

"Twice you have defied our design," Lachesis growled in agreeance with her sisters. 

"I won't accept godhood. I want to stay with my family. With my friends. I have outlived so many already, that I can't keep losing people forever... I don't want to become cold and detached like them. I don't want to sire a dozen demi-gods and leave them to rot. I don't want the power of eternal life! I want peace." Though Percy's voice held strong, there was a sad edge to her words. Pleading with the fates to not curse her so. 

"Your love and loyalty has held you back... You were made for greatness. Your friends held you back from accepting Zeus' offer... Annabeth's fear stopped you a second time... You were made of the same cloth as the Heros of old... Maybe we wove you into the wrong part of the tapestry." Lachesis spoke, mainly to herself than anyone else.