Then it hit me, I did like Matt. This was my first crush besides the one I thought I had on Bria. I didn't know what it was. I grabbed the paper and ran out of the bathroom to find Matt.

I ran out of the school frantically looking everywhere for him. I turned the corner and saw Matt curled up in a ball crying. He saw me and wiped his tears away with his hands. I grabbed his hands pulling them away from his face. I grabbed the side of his face and kissed his forehead.

"Matt I'm so, so sorry! Look I didn't know at the time but-" I stopped and looked at him his face was bright red and not just from crying, his eyes were wide and it was like he was frozen. I sat next to him and handed him the note. He looked at it then looked at me. "Matt I do like you... more than that. More than a friend. I'd love to go to grom with you!" I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

Matt tackled me in a hug. We were laying on the floor him on top of me. He got up and we realized the position we were in. My face turned bright red and so did his. He sat up and held out his hand looking away with his other hand on his neck. "S-sorry" he stuttered. I burst out laughing then Matt burst out laughing.

I took his hand and he helped me up. Matt looked at me smiling. "You really want to go to grom with me? Like as a date?" He said hesitantly. "YES! Matty I want to grom with you like as a date!" I said hugging him. "Cool." He said back in a very flustered sound as I let go. His face was bright red. The bell rang and I said bye to Matt giving him a wink and pointing a finger gun at him. His face turned bright red and he pulled his hood over his head trying to hide his face. I chuckled and Matt said bye to me.

——————--Time skip to grom———————

Matt's POV:

It was the day of grom I had been training with Steve. Thankfully Steve was able to get yesterday and today off. Belos was very nice to Steve since he had to take care of me.

Steve helped me get ready and was going to come with me to help chaperone for grom. Steve was also wearing a red suit like mine along with a darker red bow tie but he had black pants on instead of white. Steve had the front of his hair slicked back showing off his horn. I so desperately hoped I would get a horn when I grew up.

I decided to wear the same thing I wore last grom since I didn't have enough money for anything else. Steve was helping me get ready. He slicked back my hair- well he tried to at least. I got changed into the red suit Steve gave me, it was his when he went to high school. I put on the thankfully clean white pants. Steve helped me with my bow tie. I texted Gus that we were about to head over to pick him up.

"Ready little dude?" Steve asked examining my suit and dusting off my suit. "Um... I think so?" I said anxiously. I looked down. "Do you think I'm ready?" I asked looking at Steve. He put his hand on my shoulder. He picked me up holding me over his shoulder. "That's enough worrying for you." Steve said as he walked us outside towards his motorcycle. "Ok so Gus is going to sit in the sidecar and you'll tag along in the back with me." Steve said putting on his helmet. I nodded and he handed me a helmet which I put. Steve got on the motorcycle turning it on. I hopped on behind him. I wrapped my arms around him for safety. Steve took off towards Gus's house.

Gus's POV:

My dad was helping me get ready and I was so excited! Matt texted me he was on the way and I panicked a little. I had my hair done how I usually had it and I was wearing the same suit set from last grom with my magic enhancer on my ear.) My dad ran to the living room and grabbed the present box I had gotten Matt. It was teal with yellow stripes and a grey bow. I put on my black heeled boots and my dad took a picture.

I heard a knock on the door and ran over flinging the door open. I saw Matt standing there he was- gorgeous. His shiny and smooth dark brown hair glistened, his dark brown eyes were prettier than any I'd had ever seen. Matt looked at me and his face turned bright red. Mine must've been red as well cause my face was burning. "Y-you look stunning." I said breathlessly. Matt chuckled "S-so do you"
Matt said smiling cutely.