"Her entire spine was fractured and her ribcage was broken, digging into her lungs which is currently causing her breathing problems and coughing up blood, her head is also fractured and there's a chance she'll have brain problems like memory loss. She'll need surgery and be put on bed rest for a month or two but otherwise she's stable." A wave of relief swept over the room.
"She's unconscious right now but it's not quite confirmed when she'll wake up, hopefully after the surgery but we still need to drug her just in case." He put the clip board down and looked at everyone. "Police are here to interview all of you, be as honest as you can because if young Misses Barns was hurt more she could've died while in the ambulance. I'll be on my way now." Mr. Green said, walking past the officers and closing the room's door on his way out.

He walked down the hallway and turned a few corners, a clipboard still in hand he opened one of the doors on his left and entered his office. "Well, they're sad but glad that she's alive." Mr. Green said.

"What happened to her?" Baylen asked. His hands were still cupped and covering his mouth and nose, internally questioning why Casey even went out and who hurt her.

"From what the others told me during their ride to the ambulance, they were attacked by a gang while drinking and setting off fireworks. They say that they didn't know what they looked like because it was dark out but there were five of them. That's all I know." He said, sitting darn at his desk across from Baylen. Staring at Baylen for a moment as tears still dropped down his face.

"I know how hard this must be for you, I don't know why your kid got attacked after a long day for you but I can assure you, the police will do all they can to find out who was part of the gang and where to find them." Baylen took in a breath trying to calm down, but after seeing how battered his daughter was and his girlfriend not responding to his calls or texts after getting the call from the hospital, it was all just very upsetting to him.

Mr. Green watched him proceed to cry and mess up his own breathing, he stood up and walked around his desk. Leaning over and wrapping his arms around Baylen. Baylen leaned into the hug, still covering his face as he cried. "I promise you, the other doctors will not mess up her surgery. And she'll get the best treatment I know we can provide her." He brushed his fingers through his hair.

"How? You're only a Pulmonologist..." Baylen questioned but enjoyed the head treatment. "I have my ways, I kept your sister alive didn't I?" It didn't cease the tears that just kept coming. "Just don't kill her, okay? That's all I want. For her to live."

"I promise you, that by the end of this surgery, she'll be wearing a brace and will be better in just a few months." Baylen uncovered his face and wrapped his arms around Mr. Green, hugging him back as he kept crying.

"Tell me exactly what you and your friends were doing in that alley?" One of the five police officers asked, a notepad and pen in hand. They all looked tired, except for the one with the notepad that was talking to Skylar first. It was like in the movies, your average everyday blonde girl that was most likely the popular rich bully except she was a young adult with dark tiger print glasses and acted like the kids from Stranger Things.

"Our days were exhausting so we decided to burn it off by drinking wine and setting off fire works near one of the old abandoned Hampton Hospitals," Skylar started off with, holding Mr. Coopers hand while staring almost blankly at the ceiling as the officer wrote it down. "We were having fun, Casey wanted to take a turn and set off a firework. So I picked out one of the fireworks from the duffle bag and--" the blonde officer put a hand up to speak, "Real quick, where did you get the duffle bag of fireworks? We did a search and almost all of them were illegal in this state."

Skylar didn't want to be a snitch on one of her dealers, but she wondered while they were still in the ambulance what exactly would've happened if she didn't give Casey the specific fire work, let alone didn't accept so many of the illegal ones by the dealer all because he seemed eager to get rid of them. "I don't know his last name, but his name is Charles and he lets me call him Chuck. He offered for me to take the fireworks about a week ago and I haven't seen or heard from him since."