Wen Yao smiled and said, “Sure.”

After the few of them added him on WeChat, Huang Duwen left in satisfaction.

Shi Xi asked softly, “Who’s that?”

“He’s a producer from a variety show.” Wen Yao said softly, “Although he’s not very famous, he’s from a variety show that was broadcast on a local channel.”

Shi Xi: …There’s such a thing?

The two stood together. One was bright and moving, while the other was gentle like water. Many producers and directors wanted to get acquainted with them.

Seeing that Huang Duowen and the two had added each other on WeChat, people came up to them from time to time to strike up a conversation.

Shi Xi smiled and began to fake a smile.

This was a banquet organized by the Hua family. The guests who came to attend had at least experience in producing A-level dramas.

However, there were still some dregs who managed to sneak in.

“Shi Xi? I know you.” A greasy man with glasses walked forward and said with a drunken and lecherous look, “The little princess of the Shi family in Feng City has been exposed as a fake daughter, so she came to look for work herself?”

Shi Xi’s smile disappeared and she raised her long eyelashes slightly. “If you drink too much, go sober up. Don’t embarrass yourself here.”

~

Chapter 187: A Melon That You Can’t Twist Off

Translator: Dragon Boat Translation
Editor: Dragon Boat Translation

The greasy man chuckled. “I’m not drunk, I’m sober! Little princess, as long as you follow me, I’ll definitely let you continue living the life of a little princess. How about it?”

As he said that, the greasy man’s narrowed eyes swept across the girl’s chest and extended his fat hand to hug Shi Xi’s waist.

Just as he extended his hand, the greasy man’s arm was grabbed.

“Who, who are you?!” The greasy man did not recognize Xie Yunzhou and said angrily, “Let go of me!”

Xie Yunzhou’s eyes suppressed his viciousness, and he kicked the greasy man away.

The banquet instantly quieted down.

“F*ck! How dare you hit me? Do you know that I –” The greasy man grimaced in pain. Just as he was about to get up, the security guard strode forward, covered his mouth, and dragged him out.

Hua Xuanhe smiled. “I’m sorry. It was my mistake to let some shady characters sneak in at the banquet.”

Everyone came back to their senses and quickly said, “It’s okay, it’s okay.”

The greasy man was the illegitimate son of a big shot in Yanjing. He was used to bullying people because of his power, so everyone turned a blind eye to him for his father’s sake.

This time, Hua Xuanhe directly said that he was a shady character.

It seemed that the greasy man had kicked an iron plate.

Some people looked at Xie Yunzhou and felt that he looked familiar, but they could not remember clearly.

There were too many young people working in Yanjing.

Nan Wan saw Xie Yunzhou standing up for Shi Xi, and a hint of jealousy flashed in her eyes. She went forward and said worriedly, “Yunzhou, are you okay?”