Chapter-7: Revelation

Cynthia stared at the calendar on her wall. It was February 2th, her birthday. She felt a pang of sadness in her chest. It seemed like nothing more than an ordinary day now. She had no reason to celebrate it or celebrate with. It would be a loss project to invite toxic people and pretend to be happy.

She remembered how different it was last year. How she had enjoyed one of the best birthdays ever in her life. How she had felt something special on that day, something she couldn't imagine furthermore. She was so happy at that time.

She woke up early in the morning, feeling excited and nervous. She and Alex had discussed their plan the night before. They were going to spend the whole day together, just the two of them. She had been dating Alex for almost one year, and she was madly in love with him. It felt like she knew him for a decade. He was handsome, smart, funny, and caring. He made her feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.

She had taken a hot shower and then stood before the mirror. She smiled at her reflection, admiring her long brown hair, her blue eyes, her slim figure. She was wearing a white silk robe that Alex had given her for Valentine's Day. She opened her closet and took out the outfit she had bought for her birthday. It was a cinched black top that showed off her cleavage, a mini skirt that hugged her curves, and tights that made her legs look longer. She also wore a beautiful floral necklace that matched her earrings. She put on her clothes and then sat in front of the dressing table. She had bought a lot of makeup items for this occasion. She wanted to look perfect for Alex.

She started applying makeup on her face. She used a primer to smooth her skin, a foundation to even her tone, a concealer to hide her blemishes, a powder to set her makeup, a bronzer to contour her face, a blush to add some color, a highlighter to make her glow, an eyeshadow to enhance her eyes, an eyeliner to define her shape, a mascara to lengthen her lashes, an eyebrow pencil to fill her brows, and a lip liner to outline her lips. She finished with a dark brown matte lipstick that contrasted with her fair skin. Also she wore a pair of black high heel boots combined with laces. She looked at herself in the mirror and felt satisfied. She was stunning. She sprayed some perfume on her neck and wrists, and then grabbed her purse. She was ready.

She took her breakfast already, a toast with jam and a glass of orange juice. She took her phone and checked WhatsApp. She saw lots of messages from her friends and family, wishing her a happy birthday. She replied with a thank you and a smiley face. She also saw two messages from Alex. He had sent her a birthday wish right at midnight, and then again in the morning. He had also sent her a picture of a bouquet of roses, with a caption that said, "These are for you, my love. I'll see you soon."

She felt a surge of happiness and replied with a heart emoji. She couldn't wait to see him.

She checked the time. It was 9:30 a.m. Alex was supposed to pick her up at 10:00 a.m. They had planned to visit the museum beside Mom 'n 'Em Coffee, one of their favorite places. They both loved art and history, and they enjoyed learning new things together. They had also reserved a table at a fancy restaurant for lunch, where they would celebrate her birthday with a cake and champagne. After that, they would go for a long drive, listening to music and talking. It was her time, her day to explore her sensations.

She heard a knock on the door. She opened it and saw Alex standing there, smiling. He was wearing a black leather jacket, a white shirt, a pair of jeans, and a pair of boots. He looked handsome as always. He had a bouquet of roses in his hand, the same ones he had sent her a picture of. He handed them to her and said: "Happy birthday, Cynthia. You look gorgeous."

She thanked him and kissed him on the cheek. She put the roses in a vase and then took her coat. She locked the door and followed him to his car. He opened the door for her and helped her get in. He got in the driver's seat and started the engine. He looked at her and said: "Are you ready for the best day ever?"