Chapter 8

Janet was very upset. She hadn't seen Toni in days. She didn't pick her up from school that day and she hasn't been around since. Her friend Kenny had been driving her. Since she trusted Toni, she knew she wouldn't send someone that could hurt her so she was fine with it. She wasn't fully okay with, but she made do. "Hey, Janet." Kenny spoke as Janet approached the car.

"Hi." She sat in the car and waited for him to pull off. She didn't like his car. It was lower on the ground.
Toni's car was big and she liked that. Plus, Kenny drove a little crazier than Toni. Toni cruised and she felt comfortable and safe. Kenny drives a little too reckless for her liking.

"So, how you doing today?"

"I'm fine." She spoke softly.

"That's good. You got any plans for after school?"

"No." Janet picked with her fingers.

"Okay, well if it changes let me know and I'll...."

"Where's, Toni?" She cut Kenny off.

"She's been busy with some crazy stuff at the warehouse. So when things clear up...."

"What is she doing? What didn't she tell me?"

"W..well, it came up suddenly, and she didn't have time to explain." Kenny pulled up to the school and Janet let herself out. "See you at..." She went into the school and got her things for class.

She was pissed. This is why she doesn't trust people and to make matters worse, Toni tainted a great memory, an amazing milestone; her first kiss. It was beautiful, it was gentle, it was passionate and Toni had to go and mess it up. They didn't need to have a relationship, they could've still been friends, but Toni didn't even give her a chance to decide that. She didn't give her a chance to talk. Toni made a decision for both of them all by herself. That's what angered her the most; she didn't even include her in it.

Janet closed her locker and headed to her first class. "Hey, Dunk." Gil walked up next to her but she ignored him. "Dunk, you go.."

"I'm fine."

"Whoa. Calm the tude. I'm just checking on you. You seem to have been upset over the past few days. All I'm trying to do is..." Janet stopped and looked at Gil.

"Yes, I am upset and no, I don't want to talk about it. Please. I love you, but don't push me right now." Gil looked at his best friend and got worried, but he had to honor her request.

"Alright, boo. I'm sorry." He held her hand. "But you talk to me if you need to. I don't need you going insane."

"I won't Gilly bear. I promise."

"Good." They went into their class and sat down. Janet decided to try and take her mind off of everything. She needed to focus on school and not Toni. That was obviously done and she had to accept that.

"Hey, Janet." Jenny walked in. "Where's your little bodyguard?" She sat down. "I haven't seen her in awhile. Did she get sick of you?" Janet continued to focus on her work. "Not surprising. I'd get sick of that face too."

"Alright, quiet down everyone and let's get started." Ms. Michaels began to write on the board. "Since we're done with our derivatives chapter, we will now focus on another form of advanced geometry. You should have covered the basics of this last year, but we will do a refresher on it." She began explaining and Janet took her notes. She heard light snickering from Jenny and her friends.

"Such a shame, Janet." She whispered to her. "You must have a gift of chasing people away."

"Ignore her, girl." said Gil.