Ch. 4

The bed was soft and Clover wanted to lay in it forever but the sun was calling for his eyes to open.
As he rubs his eyes he looks around not recognizing his surroundings, this was not the servant quarters. This room was to beautiful to be and servants room. The walls were silver with hints of green flowers of many kind decorated anywhere they could fit. A balcony with thin white curtain's with lilies adorning the balcony edge.

He saw his favorite clothes from yesterday hung on the wardrobe door, clean and tears sewn. Inside the wardrobe were clothes of similar color but as different outfits, some to Clovers liking. He chose a dark green long sleeve shirt with black trousers and a soft green wooly poncho decorated with beautiful silver patterns. And, of course, he couldn't forget his hat and his green boots.
'Knock, knock.'
"Mm, come in." He said softly.
He recognized that faerie . The faerie that brought him to the kingdom.
"It's you."
He nodded and bowed his head. "I have been assigned to guard you, but I believe we should be aquatinted with each other."
Clovers eyes widen, "I thought you said that fae don't give their names to humans."
The faerie shook his head.
"Not if I'm the one asking. So if I may, what is your name?"
Clover smiled softly. "My name is Clover."
The faerie smiled brightly. "Nice to meet you Clover, my name is Silverbell." He bowed.
"Silverbell...it's a beautiful name." Silverbell blushed and looked away. "T-thank you, your name is pretty too, Clover."
He giggled. "Thank you."
Silverbell cleared his throat and smiled.

"Their majesty's requested your presence in the throne room, please follow me."
They went down the beautiful silver halls as they approached the main throne room.
The king notices Clover and smiles at him warmly. "Ah, Clover, I hope you've slept well. Was the room to your liking?" Clover smiled. "Yes, thank you, I very much like the room."
The king nodded in satisfaction.
"Is there anything you would like today, anything you ask for I will grant that request."

Clover thought hard.

"If it's no trouble, I would like to look around the kingdom. I would like to meet the faeries of your kingdom your majesty." The king smiled warmly and then nodded. "Of course! Silverbell would you please give him a tour of the kingdom?"
Silverbell bowed. "Yes your majesty." He took Clovers hand gently.
"Come along your highness, I'll show you the our sacred tree."
Exiting the castle, he was met by a giant pure silver tree. It's base swirled, it's bark was soft to the touch, and it's leaves shined like diamonds.
"This is the pride of our kingdom, the first faerie king came here to save our kind from extinction. For every ruler, they'll share their life essence with the tree. Like our king had, as did the previous and the king before him had."

"It's beautiful." He whispered. It's the truth, and Clover will never see anything like the silver tree.
"Would you like to see our shopping district?" Clover nodded. "I would love to."
The shopping district was bustling with fae. A food market was crowed while stores were filled.
"It doesn't look like much, but his majesty the kingdom to be more lively like any other kingdom." Silverbell said somberly.
"I think it looks beautiful. Everyone looks so happy." Silverbell smiled and nodded.
"We have a beach outside the forest, would you like to see it?"
Clover nodded, "I haven't seen the ocean in so long, I would love to see it again."
The walk wasn't too long. They crossed over a few streams and into an opening.
"It's breathtaking." Clover whispered.
Silverbell nodded. "The ocean is mermaid territory, they're neutral towards us fae, but they're not really kind towards the Dark witches kingdom. They don't trust anyone associated with the dark arts."

Clover nodded and picked up a seashell right by his feet. "My father once told me about mermaids, they're suppose to be beautiful creatures whose song can drown you."
Silverbell nodded. "Some of it is true, mermaids don't really come up to the surface. So no human can never catch them."