Soldier

Soldier.

A man or woman who fights for their government and carries the weapons, risking their life in the process.

Never would I have thought to even be any where near a life threatening situations. I was still the same girl who was scared of a little old spider.

My calling was chosen for me long before I could even walk yet. My grandfather served in the army. My father served in the army. My older brother had served and now I was getting to serve my country. I wasn't all that mad about it... I didn't even know what I wanted to do with my life. But what I knew for sure was I wanted to get congratulated like all the rest of them.

I was always so tired of never being congratulated. I had gotten All A honor roll and was top of my classes. I was the fasted girl on the soccer team. I even won first place in a 400 state dash meet but nothing seemed please them. I was never enough. When I told them I wanted to be a teacher they laughed in my face. Sure it hurt a bit but it was only encouragement to work even harder. I never let anyone doubt me. I decided to join the army not just for my family but for me.

I mean really hard how hard could it be?

I want to show these assholes that I could do it. That I did what I had to do and I made it back.

That's what I thought.

I was wrong On every level. This is unlike any atmosphere I've ever experienced before. I was quite scared.. at one point I didn't know if I would even make it back home. I was slow on my feet from the others and at every challenge I couldn't do it. Sargent would always yell and say I wasn't doing it right or I needed to keep up. I thought I was better than everyone else.

I learned the hard way that not everything was granted to you and that you needed to work for it.

I would've been a suck up if it weren't for him.

I didn't even know how bad I would need him till the moment I did. After one conversation my entire life changed within a blink of an eye. It was hard in the beginning... but he was willing to wait forever.

In the end things don't really turn out the way I wanted them to but I sure wouldn't go down without a fight... even if It costed me my life.

THE OTHER SIDE OF PEACE