Chapter 2

Skylar.

A name I'll always be thankful for. Even though we've been thru a lot, I'll always be thankful for him.

Skylar was the reason I got over Jasper. Skylar and I share the same birthday day. We've become close just by a year. Being friends with Skylar made me realise that there's still good guys. The way he talked about his ex crush really got me mesmerised. I was wondering how it would be to have a guy talk about me that way. Maybe by Skylar himself.

At that time, my friend, Yasmine, really liked Skylar. I helped them to get together but after a few days they broke up. I found out that Skylar didn't actually like Yasmine and just wanted a girlfriend but he felt bad that he was playing with her heart and broke up with her.

Around that time, after they broke up, I realised I had a tiny crush on Skylar. I liked him but I really didn't want to hurt my friend Yasmine. I once cried at school because I was scared Yasmine would stop being my friend after she found out about me liking Skylar. She found out but she didn't say anything. She was fine with it but I knew she wasn't. Soon Skylar knew I liked him and he wanted to make me stop liking him. So, he pretended to like a girl to make me jealous and he soon started teasing and making fun of me. He thought it was funny but honestly it hurted so much. And finally one day, I broke. I cried and told him it hurt. After that day, he stopped talking to me because I overreacted. After that day, I realised his ego was big and I got the ick. Even though I realised what type of person he was, he was still the person who helped me moved on and forget about Jasper.

On one Friday, the teacher in charge asked a question and he ran to answer it even though he got hurt while playing football. Everyone was laughing and I caught the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. It was Sawyer, a guy who was grade older than me. I was totally mesmerised by him. I knew who he was. He recently moved to our school and I've never talked to him. I really wanted to know more about him but I remembered he had a girlfriend. She was from another school so I've never met her before.

The next day was the school carnival. Honestly, it was one of the best days I've had in my life. There were escape rooms, haunted house, waterpark and plenty of shops. I had a lot of fun. My brother and I was the last person to leave the school. We were just chatting for hours. I loved hanging out with my brother and his friends. They seem more mature and kinder than my friends. The best part of that day was the football game. Sawyer was one of the football players.

As days go by, without realising, I followed his every move and got more mesmerised by him. I knew it was wrong. He had a girlfriend but I kept my distance, I didn't talk to him. Soon, as the rumours flew around school, he knew I liked him. He was understanding about it. That's the thing about him, he was different. He didn't hate me to make me stop liking him. He made it clear that he had a girlfriend and he loves her. I respected that.

As months past by, it was a routine, me waiting for him to arrive to school and following his every move.

One day, I was just scrolling thru Instagram and I got a message. It was from him. He tagged me in his story. I was freaking out like crazy. You could see my smiling randomly when I think about his message. I was so excited to tell my friends about this. I told them about this and they told me a news too... He and his girlfriend broke up. I was shocked. I felt bad for him. They dated for 2 years and now they broke up because she found another guy. But at the same time, I was wondering if this was my chance.

One random night, I decided to text him. Ever since then we started talking. He was giving me mix signals. He seemed like he wanted to talk to me but at the same time it seemed like he was annoyed with me texting him all the time.

My best friend, Alex, told me Sawyer was just using me. And I knew Sawyer was just using me but I didn't care about it. On Christmas Day, my friends went to Alex's house. I didn't go because I went to my cousin's house. It seem they decided to have a talk about how Sawyer was bad for me. My whole friend group texted me personally telling that Sawyer was no good. Who did my friend group consist of? Alex, Shelby, Tabitha, Layla, Kevin, Skylar and Daniela. Shelby and Layla are always together. They even look alike. Alex, Kevin and Skylar are like a trio. Kevin gets left out and bullied most of the time but it always for fun. I feel bad for him and always stood up for him. Kevin has a really sweet soul. Tabitha and I have been best friends since we were 9. Tabitha thinks we're close but I didn't really like her. She used to make fun of my weight and never really supported my happiness. She also tried to be me and I really didn't like it. I was close with Shelby and I really did like her but she always made me feel left out. As hard as she tries not to do the same mistakes her friends did to her, she's doing it to me. Shelby would always be with me and begged me not to leave her alone when Tabitha and Yasmine calls me but she would act like I didn't exist as soon as Layla arrived. I decided to let Shelby be friends with Layla and focus on who wants to be my friend, like Tabitha.

All My Stars On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara