Noah sags in his seat, his left hand rubbing his eyes. Now I really think he's about to cry. I'm practically begging him at this point to turn around and go to Maeve's. "Allie but-" He breaks off, covering his mouth. "-Nothing happened right?"

Cam looks spaced out, and I think we're both remembering walking into the locker room after that home game last season and seeing Allie sobbing into Noah, Mark fucking River passed out in the corner and Noah wiping away his own silent tears.

Thats was fucking traumatizing.

"No. Nothing happened. I'm fine, baby. Please go check on Liam. And Maeve." She almost sounds fine but I've been so worried about Maeve and Liam that I hadn't even realized that Noah turned around a while ago and that we're a few blocks away from Maeve's apartment.

Noah and Allie say something else I don't hear and by the time Noah's parking, I'm fucking shaking like I have the fever.

"Rhys. Breath. It'll be okay. And if it's not, we'll work through it." Cam coos, patting my shoulder as he hops out and comes around to my door, poking me when I don't move. He sighs.

"Listen. You sitting here isn't going to do a damn thing. And neither is Noah and I going up there because we're not the people she needs right now. It's you. So, I know this is scary but you have to pull yourself together and be the strong one in this situation because I have a feeling Maeve needs one day where she ain't that person." Cam lectures, his voice serious, something that has me blinking in shock because Cam is never serious.

I swallow. Nod. "Okay. But you're still going to be here right?"

Cam's my ride or die. Was since I was fifteen.

He grins, slapping my back as we jog up the stairs. "Of course. And Noah's here as well. No one's alone."

Maeve's door is locked when I try the handle so I bang on the door and shout, not caring if it wakes up her neighbours.

The door flings open to reveal Maeve, who looks like she's about to fucking murder me. Oh shit.

"What? I just got Liam to sleep and Ava finally went to bed after watching him all afternoon."

My jaw slacks. "So everything's okay? Everyone's good?"

Maeve hesitates, eyes going over my shoulder before meeting mine. She kicks her feet nervously. "Did Allie get home? I was just about to go back to the arena and see if she did."

"No. She wanted us to come check on you first." Noah says, clearly pissed but he does sound relieved. I know he's glad Liam's okay.

Maeve startles. Like she's surprised that she's a first choice. It breaks my heart.

"Well, Liam called me all upset so I panicked and took the Uber here. I thought our Dad showed up and-well. I didn't want Allie here if he was." Maeve whispers, vulnerability shining in her voice.

"Come here, Nova." I haul her into a hug, not missing the way she shudders into a sob.

"I'm sorry I worried you. You-you didn't have to come here." She glances toward Noah. "And I'm sorry I left Allie at the arena. That was a dick move-"

"It's okay. You were worried about Liam. She understands that. Just to make you feel better, I would leave you at an arena if needed for Allie." Noah says, bored.

Maeve snorts. "Hey, at least you're honest."

"And you're sure everyone's okay?" Cam asks.

Maeve nods, smiling. Cam claps his hand together, rocking on his heels.

"Great. Noah-let's go get Allie and then can we stop for ice cream? Please? I've been such a good boy today." Cam begs, turning to Noah with his puppy dog eyes.

Noah sighs, a small smile on his face. "Sure. Because you worked so hard in practice today."

Cam giggles, winking at me and mouthing something like, "I'll mark it down on the tracker."

After they leave, I make sure Liam's still asleep before sliding him on top of me so Maeve can take a break from being smushed. She stirs on my other side.

"Rhys?" Maeve's voice is full of sleep.

"Nova?"

"I do love you. You know that right? I'm sorry if I don't say it enough."

I kiss her nose, tucking her into my side so I know she's safe. "I do. I know so much."

"Even if the star doesn't shine?"

I grin. "Even then, Nova. Even then."