Chapter 2: The Vampire Is Real

Start from the beginning

The answer came. "Sure, why not," The answer was pretty chill, laidback, and overall, so very nonchalant. Noir was both prideful and whimsical. He'd do anything for entertainment or a time of fun, even if it only lasts a few centuries. He can be very unpredictable even in the underworld, so this choice of his can be called just one on a whim, rather than being part of some undercover scheme.

"Eh?" She wasn't given the right time to react. It was over before she thought it could begin. Noir simply placed one hand on the cubic prison, and it crumbled away into nothing as Noir diced it into countless other cubes.

The girl, on the other hand, can never forget the sight she'd witnessed. The sight upon which Noir was like a gallant prince in armor who came to save the princess, as they were literal prince and princess in their domains. She just witnessed a magnificent display of manliness and overwhelming strength. The sparks of crimson fiery-like energy that radiated off of Noir as he used his powers, and the bright radiance of his eyes, as well as the indomitable will that lied within; all these were more than enough for the girl to decide she wanted to have his babies. She was smitten, then and there.

•••

The crumbling prison decomposed away as the magnificent figure of the girl fell down in what seemed like slow motion. She opened her arms in delusion, thinking Noir was there, in front of her, to catch her as she fell from her three-long century shackle. Alas, that didn't work.

Thump.

The girl fell in an audible thump, and it sounded like it hurt. It probably hurt way more in heart than in body, for her delusions were slapped in the face. Nevertheless, he was indecisive. He just cut straight to the chase.

"What's your name?" He asked as he knelt down to meet the girl's eyes on equal level. "Rather, what are you?" He followed up.

"I am..." Long-story short, she was an ancient vampire. The strongest. It sounded like a typical fiction betrayal plot. She was the queen, possessing tremendous power until her own people and family turned against her in attempt to seize the throne. The shock will leave the queen powerless to resist, until she became ultimately imprisoned in the deepest pits of the abyss, far from the reaches of civilization where she will forever be kept in darkness, unable to escape.

Due to how stereotypical it was, Noir was just pretending to be interested. In fact, he'd lost track of half the words she'd said. But hey, he still had the general idea. Noir finally stood up as he kicked away the little makeshift chair he made from the remnants of the cubic prison. The girl watched him, speechless, as he straddled away farther and farther out of reach. Without turning his head back, Noir said:

"You coming or not?"

Before the girl could respond in absolute glee, she was kept in place once more.

"...!!! What...!?"

Her shackles will not just leave her unbounded, not for long and not that easily. A giant and enormous crab-like monster descended from the ceiling of the room. Due to the sheer size of the room, it was able to fit and still had time to fall before impact. But her hero was an undefeated devil from Hell, the Black Primal.

"Severance Series, End." Noir cooly chanted, as his index finger was pointed in the direction of the crab that was still falling. Time slowed down in Noir's eyes. This was the World's Eye. It was like observing a stationary world. Slowly in this hastened world, but unbelievably quick in the normal world, the End of the Severance Series sliced the crab relentlessly in an instant, dividing it into countless cubes to devastating effect. The cuts were simple, precise, and above all, deadly. The cuts were small enough that they did not pose a threat as projectiles falling from above.

"..." The girl was speechless. She was a vampire with long years of experience in combat, but this was extremely astonishing, bordering on the realm of incomprehensible. She observed as his savior walked further into the exit, not once looking behind.

She hated that.

She does not like seeing him turning his back on her. She wanted his acknowledgement. She wanted to know him better. She wanted to serve him. She wanted to stay by his side.

She wanted him.

And so, a girl's quest for love began. Behind this twisted turn of fate is a series of disasters and betrayals, centuries worth of darkness, and a future of unspeakable events.

She stood up, swaying over and over from her severe lack of nutrients and energy. She, slowly but surely, began to catch up. Nevertheless, she pushed on with sheer willpower. If she wanted to stay by his side, she'd have to at least be capable of catching up to him. Even if its not in power, but in his paths, and the unconditional support for his choices and decisions.

You see, she isn't lost. She's found her place, and it is simply him. He is her place.

(A/N: As you can see, Noir's had some slight, or probably massive changes in power and character. Yue in this story will have the appearance of her grown up version to address the inappropriate controversies.)