𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"a little dramatic there quinny" david smirked, scowling once his wife hit his arm.

"as if you're any better" she snickered.

"what i'm trying to say is that i love her and i know we're young but i'm sure, hundred percent sure, that i want to spend my life with her" he revealed, refusing to look up from his hands "i love her with my entire being. if she's sad, i'm sad. if she's mad, i'm mad. if she's happy then i'm happy. i'm not really asking for permission to marry her but your approval would mean a lot to me" he said lowly, finally looking up to find his, hopefully, soon-to-be parents-in-law looking alarmingly unreadable.

"you owe me thirty dollars!" laura yelled after the awkward silence, startling quinn as he saw dave bedgrudgingly take a couple bucks out from his pocket.

"dammit"

"of course you have our approval. we'll pay the whole wedding!" laura grinned, eagerly stuffing the money in her pocket before hugging her husband's arm to her chest again in hapiness.

"we honestly thought you guys were getting married in college" dave revealed, looking lost in thought.

"when you guys went to vegas, we thought you'd gotten married there" laura shared, remembering the time both her and dave, plus ellen and jim, had been panicking when their kids where in college. quinn had gotten a trip to vegas for hockey which he, of course, demanded his couches to let devon tag along. next thing they know, they both were unreachable and their locations said they were in a chapel.

quinn laughed softly, vividly remembering how his mother and laura yelled at him for scaring them like that "so, you think she'll say yes?"

"i'm certain she will. oh, i'm so excited!"

"just know one thing quinn. you ever, ever do something to her, even raise your voice, i will come for you. i know a lot of people. i don't care if you're an nhl player" dave threatened, looking awfully scary. his cheerful persona always made people forget that he could be scary when he wanted to.

"i wouldn't even fight you" quinn hummed honestly.

"i better get lifetime tickets to your games" dave grinned, making quinn wonder how he didn't get whiplash from changing his emotions that quickly.

"you're ridiculous david" laura grumbled, looking at her husband in disbelief.

quinn just laughed lowly again, sighing in relief before standing up "well, i better go"

laura immediately followed suit walking closer to him to grab his hands "nonsense! you have to stay to eat"

"come on, son"

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

_quinnhughes

● ○