"You want to go back to being executed?!" I whisper yelled.

"Bye." She wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me close. "You're going to talk to him at some point, might as well get it over with, right? Plus, just to be sure we're good, I'll buy you ice cream on the way home." She whispered into my ears, before pulling away.

I watched as she dissapeared into the crowd.

The crowd which only continued to get smaller, and smaller, until there was not a single soul left. Well, except Xavier and I. And, I guess all the disgusting insects hidden under the lockers.

I'm nervous ok?

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, folding my arms and pursing my lips. Have I mentioned how very much nervous I am? What was he going to say? I've been dating someone for a month, but don't worry, I like you more? I think we should end this? I lied about liking you? I'm moving? I'm tired of you? You're ugly? Go throw yourself out the window because your presence repulses me-

"That was my cousin."

I snapped out of my stupid thoughts, blinking at him. "Sorry, what?"

"The girl at the party. She was my cousin."

I stared at him, my lips parted. I was relieved, but mostly embarrassed. I knew I shouldn't have went ahead to jump to conclusions. I should've stopped to listen instead of storming away. What's wrong with me?!

"Oh." I mumbled, looking anywhere but him.

Then there was more silence.

I felt like sprinting down the halls and out the door. It was getting kind of suffocating in here. The silence was suffocating.

"Why do you always avoid me?" He suddenly asked, bringing my attention back to him.

"Avoid? Me? No..." I laughed nervously. "Why- why would I ever do that? I was probably just busy! Yeah. Busy...yeah."

"Is that the best you could come up with?" He gave me a look, which made me more nervous. "I know you were confused but you could've just let me explain. You always jump to conclusions, and in the blink of an eye you're gone. Then you go on to avoid me for the whole day. It's getting...it's..." He ran is hands through his hair, sighing.

"I'm sorry, I just...didn't want to waste the night arguing with you."

"Arguing? Where did that come from? I was trying to explain but you kept cutting me off."

"You know what else you were trying to do? Why didn't you just call me Butterfly in front of her?"

"Why does that matter?"

I don't know.

"It just does." I mumbled.

He narrowed his eyes at me, like I was some complex topic he was trying so hard to understand. "Why are you so confusing?"

I blinked at him. Did I hear him right?

"Well then I'm so sorry"

"I-"

"You know what? I don't care. I never did. So let's just forget about this whole thing and go home."

"But-"

I ignored him, turning away to leave. My angry footsteps echoed through the halls, along with his quick ones that tried to catch up with me.

Confusing? He was the one that told me he had no plans for the night, only to show up with a random girl in a party. And not just any party, oh no, a drunk fest. The zone for lustful people who can't keep their hands to themselves.

Totally Not Clicheजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें