Security Offer:

The digital clock built into Charlie's Honda reached midnight as she pulled into the vacant parking lot of a familiar one-story building visible among several scraps of debris. Moonlight shined from above the property to showcase a large neon sign that was inactive for ten years along with red and black checkered patterns along the walls. Two glass doors were placed between them that were protected by a sturdy set of metal gates. Charlie knew they hadn't been there long before she arrived. She was told in advance by managers from her distant mother's company. Even if she hadn't, she wouldn't have missed how clean the gates and their combination lock were compared to most of the place's exterior. There had been obvious attempts to restore the place to some state of repair by clean-up crews, but their work was put on hold due to certain financial issues. There was much left to restore after a decade of neglect and Charlie didn't know why her mother had picked now to start trying. Part of her thought this would come a lot sooner. Or maybe "hoped" was more accurate. After all, the withered restaurant before her used to belong to her late father.

Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Charlie had this place to thank for some of her favorite childhood memories before it's closure. The pizzeria was only open from 1984 to 1986, but there was never a shortage of families that adored the place during those years. Sadly for Charlie, however, Freddy's also had a string of tragic deaths cursing its name. Pulling her keys from the ignition, she ran her fingers through her light brown hair, as if that would magically fix it's slight frizzy state before exiting the car. The air was colder than most would expect during the summer and made Charlie shiver as she crossed parking lot. She briefly glanced at the pizzeria's large sign again before reaching the front door and putting the code she was given into the lock. Her birthday. The lock clicked and Charlie pried it off, sliding the metal gates apart and opening the glass doors. She felt an odd mixture of comfort and unease upon stepping through them. From the short hallway behind the enterance, she saw the building's interior, while cleaner than it's exterior, was mostly unkempt and dark. As if whoever worked before left in a hurry. There was a row of bright yellow letters along the hallway's walls spelling out "Welcome".

With the place's condition, the message was less inviting and more creepy. Charlie shrugged this off and went further inside, stepping into the dining area to scan the large room with her brown eyes. The room's empty and dark state made her feel like she was seeing a fully different place, despite her memory painting a clear picture fitting it's current design. Two dozen fold-out tables covered by purple cloths, with even more chairs turned upside-down and stacked atop them. The floor's carpet was dark blue and sported several dark stains. Some of which Charlie was forced to assume had been there for years. Others she thought were left by over workers her mother hired to restore Freddy's from afar. There were party hats and other decorations strewn about that looked fairly new and there were children's drawings based on the pizzeria's mascots stuck onto a large wall opposite the enterance, many of which Charlie recognized from her early years. She closed her eyes and released a sigh before turning to her right and viewing the Main Stage.

On the Main Stage, there were three animatronics taller than average humans. And left of their position was another, with it's own private area. The animatronic group included a yellow chick, a purple rabbit, a red fox and a brown bear. The bear clearly being the lead. Most of them had cartoonish accessories that reminded Charlie of old bands and shows from the 1980s. Aside from the fox, which sported some pirate-like attire. An eyepatch and hook. The metalic skeleton of his legs exposed. The chick had a cupcake with eyes on a small plate and a bib with the phrase "Let's Eat" written across in yellow with a mess of confetti. The bear had a microphone, black top hat and matching black bow tie. The rabbit had an electric guitar and red bow tie. The creations of Charlie's father. Freddy, Bonnie, Foxy and Chica. She approached the stage and thought back to the past, when those mascots made her and others happy. Before a recurring tragedy reduced Freddy's to being part of a legend to scare children.

She wasn't entirely surprised that things ended badly. She couldn't process the events at Freddy's when she was little, but there were things about it's history she'd later learn that made the restaurant's closure easier to accept. Such as when her twin brother was taken from her. Charlie's parents, Henry and Sarah, owned another business called "Fredbear's Family Diner", before creating Freddy's where Sammy, her twin brother, often played. The diner was smaller than Freddy's and sported a Southern country theme with fitting decor and a pair of robotic mascots. One bear and one rabbit, both human-like with their build and with bright yellow synthetic hair. They both had black buttons along their toroes with bow-ties above them. The yellow bear had a black hat much like Freddy. They grew popular at a rapid pace. From 1982 to 1984, business was great for Charlie's parents. Only for things to take a tragic turn when Sammy was abducted from the diner. Taken from a costume closet he and Charlie were playing inside. She had only vague memories from that day, but she had been told about it enough to recall it's outcome. Her brother was never seen again and, from what she was told, no arrests were made after the incident.

She was questioned by both her parents and the police after the crime, but had apparently gone into shock and was unable to provide much useful input. After closing Fredbear's down, Henry and Sarah tried again with Freddy's. Desperate to salvage something from their dream business and Charlie's childhood. And with time, the pain of losing Sammy became bearable as she made knew friends at the pizzeria that helped fill the void left by her brother. Jessica, John, Carlton, Lamar, Marla and Sally. Until Sally Schmidt was taken from Freddy's, along with four other children over the course of several weeks. Like Sammy, none of the victims were found by police. Unlike Sammy, however, there was an arrest made. The police would later review camera footage that placed Sally's uncle, the janitor, near each child shortly before they were taken. The man's house was eventually searched and he was taken into custody after clothing from each missing child was found hidden inside his dresser. He was charged with kidnapping and convicted after his trial.

Henry later took his own life, leaving Sarah to run their business alone. She later shut Freddy's down after an accident involving Foxy. There was an eight-year-old boy named Jeffrey Hearse who sometimes got into fights with others kids during visits for bullying his brother. During one of those fights, he Jeffrey was shoved towards Foxy while the mascot had an unnatural and sudden malfunction that caused it's jaws to tear into the boy's skull, damaging his frontal lobe. By some miracle, he survived. Sarah paid the Hearse family off and closed Freddy's. Much to Charlie's dismay, she was sent to live with her "Aunt Jen" while Sarah signed the pizzeria over to Remedy's city officials and left the town for try again elsewhere. Freddy's withered away and Charlie had little contact with Sarah over the next decade aside from letters on her birthday holidays. Her mother didn't even attend her graduation. But now she was being offered a job working security at night. It wasn't a job she pictured herself doing before, but they money she'd earn was just enough to begin her life. Charlie's spent years drilling the importance of being independent into her head and Charlie didn't like wasting her efforts. She hadn't taken the job yet, as the managers were letting her inspect the setting first.

She kept exploring for the next few minutes, going from room to room and letting each detail slip back into her mind. Comparing what she recognized to what she didn't until she reached the security office at the back of the building. She flipped the light switch by the door and stepped inside, inspecting the set-up of monitors showing footage from multiple cameras. Opposite the desk they sat upon was four small lockers stacked atop each other, one of which had her name written across a strip of take on it's door. She opened it and found a black vest fitting her size with the word "Security" across it's back in white letters. She sat in a nearby chair and flipped the vest over, seeing a small golden badge with the name of her mother's company along with Freddy's face. "Fazbear Entertainment". Charlie ran her fingers over the badge and closed her eyes, sighing as she thought about her choice. She knew it wasn't rational, but despite every horrible thing she knew occurred there, Freddy's still felt like home for Charlie. The idea of helping restore the place spoke to her. Her choice was made as she put the vest back and left for her car, dialing her new boss' number into her phone upon getting back inside and driving away from Freddy's until later.