𝟎𝟖: stinger and stabs

magnolia dove 𝔁 percy jackson
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER 8: STINGER AND STABS

MAGNOLIA WAS now resting her head down on her arms that were flat on the table, wishing her migraine would somehow vanish. Her friends however somehow still had the energy to talk and were trying to figure out the officer's intentions.

"So we're just killing time 'til we find out that guy's like a werewolf or something, right?" Percy asked.

"I don't think he's a monster," Annabeth told the group, glancing at the officer eyeing them.

"Hard to say." Grover mumbed.

"Well, if he's not a monster, what's happening here? Why would anyone tear our room apart?" Percy asked. 

"Maybe they were looking for something," Grover suggested.

"We don't have anything though." Magnolia piped up, sitting up straight and trying to change her hair so it wasn't tickling her neck, failing before she sighed softly and made it into a ponytail.

"The people who think Percy stole the master bolt might disagree, M," Annabeth restated, the brunette girl letting out a silent 'oh' and leaning back in her seat, slightly embarrassed.

"Look, they're not gonna find something we don't have," Grover told Annabeth.

"Either way, we aren't spending the day answering questions in the St. Louis police station. We need to get out of this before we get delayed." Annabeth stressed.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see what looked to be a pet mom judging from the red carrier she placed on the table across looking down at them.

"Do you mind if I sit?" she asked.

Do you mind if we point out your wrinkles? Magnolia thought. She was going to say it but didn't want to get the group in more trouble than the officers believed they were. Besides, she didn't want to give her mother any more reason to hate her if she was listening.

She moved her carrier to the seat across from them and gestured for Magnolia to scoot over as much as she could so that the lady could sit down.

"You poor dears. Your parents aren't here, are they?" she asked the group. The lady then turned to her animal, "Isn't that right, precious? Don't children get scared when they're all alone?" she cooed.

"It's okay. I'm a mom. I know how scared you must be." she assured them.

"Excuse me. Would you mind giving us a little space?" she asked the officer patrolling them. "I think... I think you're making them nervous," she whispered and Magnolia rolled her eyes at her not-so-discreet request.

Magnolia and Percy shared a knowing look. They both thought that this lady's smile was too wide to seem true and when you're on a quest, it's hard to tell who's a monster and who isn't.

"I want you to know... I don't actually think that you made that mess back there. I just wanted a moment alone with you. There are some things I need you to understand-" Magnolia squinted her eyes and inspected her jacket, noticing something.

"You have something on your jacket." Magnolia interrupted.

"It looks like glass," Grover stated.

"Someone smashed the windows from outside the cabin, not from the inside." Magnolia finished.

"Are you sure you're not Athena's child? You don't seem like your mother's daughter." the lady commented, making eye contact with Magnolia as she glared at her.