Kiwi: so, what's up?

You: what do you mean?

Kiwi: I'm not dumb I can see something is up with you. What's gotten under your skin? Must be something really bad when it got to you.

You: no not really. But I don't know.

Kiwi pulled one eyebrow up with a questioning look.

You: the guy we took out...

Kiwi: you mean the gang leader, what about him?

You: he stole the stuff to get money for poor families and such not for self gain.

Kiwi: ah well to bad.

You: I normally wouldn't care but this time I don't know... I feel guilty?

Kiwi: you know yourself that is taking the job was the cleanest option.

You: yeah I know but still there was someone who wanted to help others and we zeroed him.

Kiwi: it's rare that someone was not out for himself especially in this city. But still there was no saving this gonk.

You: you're right.

Kiwi: looked at me seeing how this nagged at me. She pushed herself of the wall, threw her cigarette and held out her hand to me.

Kiwi: come on I know a way you can clear your mind.

I looked at her surprised by the sudden caring attitude but I didn't mind. I threw the cigarette and took her hand.

She walked with me around the building and to a closed garage door. She opened the door and inside was a motorcycle. She walked to it started it and drove out of the garage and stopped beside me.

Kiwi: are you waiting for another invite come on.

You: you have a bike?

Kiwi: of course I do.

You: why have I been driving you around?

Kiwi: you want to get on now or not?

I then got on the bike and she began to drive.
We drove from highway to highway just us the bike and the road. It was nice. I liked spending time with Kiwi, she was so straightforward and direct, the way we agree on most things and have a similar outlook on life.
It was amazing I felt relieved and calm not caring about the job or the we were breaking every speed limit, flying past other cars.

After three hours of driving we stopped at our usual food place. We got off the bike, went inside and sat at a table by the window. And ordered something to drink.

Kiwi: so?

You: it helped a lot thanks. Do you do this often?

Kiwi: I used to... when It wasn't as normal for me. And these kinds of jobs became a norm.

You: yeah I guess.

I pulled the monowire from my wrist and fiddle with it a bit.

You: I can kill a persons with this in seconds leave them dismembered, I wouldn't care. I've killed so many, did so many jobs and some weren't so different from this one but... I don't know.

Kiwi: maybe it's less the guy we took out and more that you had to do work for corpos again and the first job was to take out a guy wich was trying to help others.

You: yeah maybe it's that... honestly I have no idea why I care so much suddenly.

Kiwi: maybe you got your humanity back.