WELCOME

Welcome to The Official Wattpad Community Guide!

"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice, & without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless."
Leo Tolstoy

INTRODUCTION

If you're looking for groups to join, it can be difficult. Not only do most of them have their accounts up, but you later find out they're deactivated... the vast majority of them are, let's just say: 'Complicated'. 

In what way?- You may ask. 

Accepting reviewers/designers/bio creators who 'dislike' or are 'uncomfortable' with ANY type of LGBTQ+ content into their community, is called... you guessed it: Being complicit. If they don't support us, by the very definition itself, is homophobia- Period. You simply cannot hate bigotry & claim that you value the safety of your members while simultaneously accepting people into your club who dislike our 'lifestyle'. 

And no, don't declare 'preferences'. I grew up reading a plethora of books (~M. I.). From people with different disabilities, to different culture(s). I still found ways to relate to them & their experiences despite clear differences... because we're all still people in the end. Who wouldn't say that learning about other traditions & the way people live, isn't interesting? It's being open-minded. So when I hear this 'preferences', BS, what I hear, is that you don't see us as equally human :/

Refusing to create a book cover, for example, that deals with another culture because you're terrified you'll get the outfits or something of the sort, wrong... & you don't want to disrespect them if you accidentally do, is monumentally different than refusing to create a book cover or read a book because seeing a man kiss another man makes you 'flinch'... that you 'dislike' it.

There's a heavy difference between 'dislike'/'disgust', VS supporting a community but refusing to take on the request because you don't know them/their traditions well enough & you're afraid you'll mess it up (-That right there? That's respect. The former is not). 

BELIEF IS NO EXCUSE

Here is a quote from The LGBTQ Nation itself: "Homophobia isn't always as obvious and doesn't always manifest as outright bullying or abuse: Some people may appear to be "accepting" of LGBTQ people but do so with reservations and conditions." 

Take belief for example: "I don't support you, but still respect you", is backhanded. It's another way to hate us to our face without dealing with the backlash that comes with it. Make no mistake: They fully, 100%, to their very heart(s), to their very soul, believe we're going to be beaten/tormented in a Hell dimension for all eternity if we 'act on it'... but by declaring this, they're "supposedly" being 'nice' about their belief. As in: Sugarcoating it. (Human rights shouldn't be a belief, let alone an 'opinion', but yet here we are!)

A Nominal told me: "You're free to interpret context [The Bible] as you wish." I.E: The people who go on about 'respecting, but not agreeing,' are willingly choosing to hate when an LGBTQ+ couple decides to tie the knot. Not because their God or belief says so, but because they truly believe that in their heart. 'Dislike' or 'Hate' is always a choice! It's taught. Do you all not realize they've decided to follow a 'God' who says He's not going to take us to Heaven (that's a 'nicer' way of putting it) simply because we're LGBTQ+? Does that really sit right with you? How- How is that not bigotry? How?!

There's also believers who know that being LGBTQ+ is completely natural. There's literally thousands of them (Muslim, Christian, ETC), that are gay/lesbian! And even trans! Hell, the founder's family member is both Catholic & bi.