I'm not dreaming right?

"N-neji?" Tenten slapped her face. The pain was real. She wasn't dreaming.

"It's me Tenten. It's me." Neji smiled. Tenten couldn't understand what was happening. Right now, all she wanted to do was throw herself onto Neji. But that wasn't important right now. Right now, she needed to figure out what's as happening. Before she could process her thoughts properly, she felt Neji's skin pressed to hers. Neji wrapped one hand around her waist, and the other grabbed her hand. "I'm here now." That was the last thing she heard before the world went black.

Tenten. I will be gone soon. But someday, I know you'll find someone that understands you just as well as I do. Someday, you'll find someone that you love with all your heart. You're such a strong person Tenten. You are amazing. I just know someone will realize it someday. You'll be okay. I promise you won't be alone.

Tenten woke up from her mother's voice to see Neji standing by her bed in the backroom of her weapons shop. He was still as handsome as she remembered him. His shirt was ripped, yet still attractive. His long hiar flowed free, his hair tie absent. She jolted up, reflexes taking over. Neji was taken aback in surprise, but understood where she was coming from. "Tenten, I understand that you may be surprised. But I assure yo-" Before he could finish his sentence, he was cut off by Tenten. "Surprised? Really? Oh gee, I wonder why I would be surprised! After all, you only left me all alone all my myself for so many years!! After all, you didn't just show up out of nowhere after being dead for years!! I can't image why I would be surprised!!" Tenten exclaimed at her old teammate. She didn't understand herself. Why was she angry? She should be thrilled to see Neji again. Before Neji could say anything, the door burst open. 

"Tenten! You okay! I heard you collapsed!" It was Hinata. She ran in and knelt next to Tenten. "What happened?" Right after she finished her sentence she looked up. Her eyes widened in shock. "N-neji-k-kun?" The words barely left her mouth. "Lady Hinata." Neji replied. "Hinata? Is Tenten okay?" The ex-jinchuriki dropped the get well present for Tenten on the ground, as his eyes met Neji's. "Neji. Y-you a-re al-alive?" Naruto stammered. Neji looked at Tenten before replying, "yes. I'm back." Right after those words left his mouth, he felt the arms of his cousin around his neck. Hinata's tears left stains on the back of Neji's shirt. "Neji - sama!!" Hinata wailed, squeezing Neji even tighter to her. This action caught Neji by surprise, but he was happy that he could see her again. As Hinata pulled away, Neji's eyes turned back to Naruto. He had his signature smile on his face. "Neji. You're back." Neji nodded. "I'm back." Tenten scoffed. "Mind telling us how?" The Hyūga member frowned, as he opened his mouth again. As if someone was trying to prevent the truth from coming out, there was a loud bang outside. 

The group quickly ran out. Neji tried to get Tenten to stay,  but she insisted. "I'm not weak. I can fight." Neji smiled. Her determination was one of the reasons he admired her so much.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?" Naruto was the first to step outside, followed by Hinata and the two ex-members of Guy. There stood a tall man, dressed in a black hood. "Neji. I see you have found your friends again. Beware. Every thing in this world has a price." Tenten turned to Neji. His face was serious. Arms crossed, he responded, "Leave. Do not harm anyone else." He replied with a stern voice. "Sooner or later, you are going to have to leave. Either that, or reveal the truth." And with that, the hooded figure disappeared, leaving the group with their once dead friend, yet again. 

Tenten glared at Neji. "So. Anything you'd like to tell us? For example, how you are here?" Without making eye contact, Neji replied "If I do, you'll all be in danger. I'm leaving." With that, he turned his back to the weapons welder, heading to the gates of Konoha. Before he could get past the weapons shop, he felt a hand on his wrist. He turned around to see a furious Tenten, along with Hinata and Naruto. "After all this, after being gone for so many years, you're just going to leave us again?! Gosh, you are unbelievable. Absolutely not. You're staying right here, regardless of what you want." Hinata and Naruto nodded. They stared at each other for a while, before Neji sighed. "Fine. But I'm warning you, if I stay, this attack won't be the first." Tenten let go of his wrist. "What did I say before? I'm not weak. I can fight." After another few moments of silence, Neji nodded. 

"All right." "Soo, changing the subject. Where are you going to stay? We have a guest room at our house, if you're okay with Himawari being around." Naruto inturrupted. "Oh no, I wouldn't want to bother you. Besides, it would be a little scary for Himawari if I just showed up. I'll get a room somewhere." "B-but where? You don't have any of the current currency, and like you said, you're supposed to be dead." Hinata stammered, clearly feeling uncomfortable after such events. "You can stay with me." Tenten suddenly blurted out. "I have an extra room in the back, I have no family, and you can stay hidden until we figure something out." Tenten announced. "Are you sure?" Neji asked, unsure. "Yep. Besides, it's been a while. I still expect you to tell me how this happened. In the mean time, we can catch up" she replied with her best smile. Neji returned the favor. "That would be nice." 

"W-well Neji-sama, Tenten-san, we have to go. Sarada is coming for lunch today and we were on our way to the store. Come by sometime after we get... certain matters sorted out." Hinata noted, leaning to hug Neji. "Okay Lady Hinata. You too Naruto." The couple waved goodbye, leaving the two alone in awkward silence. "W-well, let me show you to your new room." Tenten said, breaking the silence. 

As Neji followed her inside, he noticed that her weapons shop had a lot of old photos of their team. on the counter, the walls, even on the ground, there were pictures of their old team. "I guess she wanted to treasure the memories" he thought to himself. 

"Here's your room" Tenten showed him to a small but tidy room. There was a bed, a small desk, a chair, and a closet. "There are some clean clothes in the closet. We can go shopping later for anything you need. I'm sorry that it's so small. I don't have people over very often." "No no, it's perfect. Thanks Tenten." He smiled, stepping into his new room. "My room is right by yours. There's a kitchen down the hall if you need anything. I'll start cooking lunch. Is fried rice okay for you?" "Perfect." As Tenten left the room, he examined the room. It was much like his old apartment. It felt like home. On his desk, he noticed their team photo from when they were younger. Picking up the picture, he remembered the old times they had. Sure, being in the same team with Guy and Lee could be exhausting, but they still had lots of fun missions. "I guess those times weren't so bad after all."