Before I could do anything, the doors went wide opened. When I saw who it was, my blood turned to ice.

The hard knot in my stomach had been right. The Chief of Police was standing there, out of breath after the walk. He saw me and his gaze hardened.

"Ah, officer. Just in time. The thief is here." Slugworth said casually and nodded towards me.

"You told the police on me?" I yelled, still in character as I backed up against the wall, clutching onto the suitcase. The portable chocolate factory.

I'm busted. I'm so incredibly busted. Oh no, they're gonna take the portable chocolate factory from me. Willy! I can't let them take it.

"Hand over the suitcase, young lady." The Chief of Police ordered me, as he came closer. I felt like a trapped animal. Can I fight my way out? They're only two.

To my disappointment and almost on cue, I saw multiple of Slugworths men enter the office through the same door as the Chief of Police had done. They're only standing there, but their purpose is clear. To make me rethink my initial plan.

I stared at Slugworth.

"You need me." I tried. Desperately. I eyed the chief of police as he came closer, with his hands up, ready to take the suitcase from me.

Willy is going to be broken if I let them have it. I can't do that to him. I hug the suticase close to my chest, as I make myself steady.

I'm gonna kick everyone until I can escape. I've taking down bigger people than myself before. I can do it again.

"Y/n, you are such a silly girl." Slugworth said with his condescending voice. I narrowed my eyes at him. He still had that ugly grin to his face. "I am aware of your little cooperation with Mr. Wonka."

I blinked. "What?"

"I'm not stupid, girl. Someone rescued you from the alley we left you in. Willy Wonka has lured you to me. I must give it to him. I didn't think the boy had it in him."

I blink again. "What are you talking about?"

Slugworth tilted his head, as if I was being slow. Maybe I was. But his words is no words that can be trusted. So why do I still want to know what he means?

"Willy Wonka is using you to get information on me. Almost the same way I used you to get information about Mr. Wonka." He explained, like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I said through gritted teeth, as I still kept an eye on the police who's trying to get closer to the suitcase.

"Oh, miss Y/n, I believe I do." He took another step closer, clearly not scared of me at all. "Willy Wonka doesn't care about you. He doesn't trust you at all! That's why he sent you down here with just a common suitcase. That useless thing you're holding is not his chocolate factory. Willy Wonka would never let you touch it."

His words cut like daggers through me. Why did his words affect me so much? Why would I care if Willy actually trusts me or not? I don't care what Willy thinks of me.

The memory of his hazel eyes hit me like a train. His warm smile. How naive he is, always smiling. He had trusted me before, when I really didn't deserve it.

Slugworth is lying. I must be holding the portable chocolate factory. Willy wouldn't lie to me. I... Think. He wouldn't right?

That short moment of hesitation was enough to get me off my balance. What happened next happened so quickly. The chief of police grabbed my arm, twisted it and pushed me against the wall. I tried kicking him, but he handcuffed my hands together.

I dropped the suitcase. The portable chocolate factory fell to the floor with a bang... In horror I watched as it hit the floor. My first thought was that the factory would break, but what instead happened was that lock flew open.

My heart stopped beating for a moment.

It was just a regular suitcase. I stared at it. The world around me moved in slow motion. The thoughts inside of me, did not. One thought was screaming inside of my head. A single thought that broke my heart.

Willy Wonka doesn't trust me.

I can't explain the pain that sentence brought me.

A chuckle came from Mr. Slugworth. I refused to look up at him, as I was still staring at the suitcase. It was almost empty, except for a few empty glass, a blanket and a yellow teapot.

I'd, unknowingly, left my heart opened and vulnerable and Willy had taken advantage of it. I'd done the biggest mistake of my life.

It feels like I've been betrayed.