"Tell me. I'll hear it anyway." 

Alastair sighed, "He round up every type of criminal. Made a public show of it, declaring judgements himself."

Ravenna knew what that meant, "Sounds like Altara." 

Alastair stopped walking and looked at Ravenna before nodding his head and agreeing, "Yes it does." They began to walk again towards the main hall, "Don't think I don't know about young Mr Aybara, I can smell Altaran a mile away." 

"Father I-" 

Alastair cut his daughter off very quickly, "I do not care that he is here. If he keeps you or your brothers from causing chaos then he can stay for as long as he'd like."  

Ravenna just smiled and as they walked into the main hall, Haelys, Raziel and Lysander were already sitting at a table. 

"If you're speaking of Daemon. I'm told they needed a two-horse cart to haul away the resulting dismemberments when it was done." Lysander added to the conversation 

Haelys put down her glass, shooting a stern glare at her family, "I am eating I do not want to hear about any dismemberments my brother may have caused. Maybe my other brother should just send him to the wall. He could take the black." 

Alastair scoffed as he picked up his glass, "Daemon Targaryen take the black? The whores would go begging from Dorne to Winterfell." 

"Alastair!" Haelys scolded 

The three raven children looked up from their plates and smiled to each other, "I should like to see the wall one day." 

Alastair grinned, "See, Rav has the right idea! She has goals, even if they sound absurd to others. Well done!" 

Ravenna picked up her glass before clinking it with her fathers, Haelys was quick to speak up, "Ravenna, a word."  

Ravenna sighed as she stood up, she saw Raziel wink at her. Even when they weren't able to talk to each other they had their own ways of communicating. 

As they exited the room, Haelys turned to her daughter, "I wanted you to hear this from me and not Viserys. He's planning on-" 

Ravenna cut off her mother, "The Stark boy? I heard, ravens know everything mother...can we go home? There I don't have to get married to him. Valere doesn't rule by its cock." 

"Ravenna Morrigan!...true but still, manners, learn them." Haelys sighed as she put her hands on her daughters shoulders, "I didn't love your father, not when I married him. We built it. You can build it with Cregan." 

Cregan. So that was his name. She had just come to call him as the man who was trying to escape Kings Landing. 

"I don't want to build it with Cregan. I want to be enough on my own. Like you should've been." 

Haelys knew what the people called her. The Queen who Should've been. But she wasn't simply because she was a woman. 

The white haired woman sighed, the throne was rightfully hers, it was rightfully the Morrigans. Part of Haelys wanted the throne, Ravenna knew that, "I knew I could have something special with your father. And I do. I'm happy I don't have the throne. Make sure you're here later, the King is requesting you audience with the Starks." 

Haelys squeezed her shoulder before walking back into the hall. As if on cue Lysander and Raziel walked into the hallway stopping at Ravenna's side, "We heard. If you don't want to marry him...that can be arranged. You know it can." 

"Do nothing." Ravenna shot back at Lysander, "Not yet."  

"Viserys has changed his order. I can't keep pointing the dragon searches in the wrong place. If you don't find her, they will." Raziel said and Ravenna nodded

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Finding Maegon was the easy part. Wherever the silver dragon was her rider would be able to find her. But what Ravenna didn't expect was when she climbed up a hill into one of the upper caves Daemon would be standing in front of her snarling dragon. 

"It would seem she doesn't like you, Uncle."

Daemon turned around at the sound of High Valyrian, "I had hoped to find her, a show of peace to my brother. For my acts last night. He was getting quite irate. And I dare not see my sister. Rhaegon, Aarion and Volares have been found."  

Ravenna scoffed, she knew that if someone even dared to catch Caraxes, Daemon would have their head, "Tell me, what would you do if someone tried to catch Caraxes?" Ravenna walked past Daemon, towards her dragon who calmed down the second she was in view, holding her hand on her nose 

Maegon opened her mouth and breathed out a spirt of blue fire, setting fire to the ground just a meter away from Daemon, "I always forget how special she is."

"You would." 

Gripping onto the straps of her saddle, Ravenna climbed onto the top of the dragon, Daemon moved out of the way as Maegon started to walk to the entrance of the cave, already knowing what she needed to do. Ravenna assumed she had watched Razie and Lysander do the same with their dragons.

"Do I not get a ride down?" Daemon called up

Ravenna laughed as she looked at her uncle, "You got up, Uncle. You can get down." Nudging Maegon slightly she moved quicker out of the cave, spreading her wings and flying up into the air. 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"You just need to be yourself. Nothing less nothing more." Haelys had told her daughter as the pair walked down the hall towards the Council hall.

Ravenna knew what would be waiting for her in there, rather who would be waiting for them. Ravenna hadn't spotted the Stark since the time in the garden.

Walking into the hall, Cregan Stark was there standing beside his younger brother Edric. Ravenna almost laughed at the face Cregan had, seemingly recognising her from the garden. 

He had said just what he thought to her about the Morrigans without a care in the world. And she just turned out to be one. 

Ravenna felt her mother squeeze her shoulder in an almost apology for approving the match, but there really was nothing she could have done. Ravenna had known what was going to happen the minute she stepped foot in the room, that didn't stop her from being nervous all the same.

They'd met before but not in the way that they were meeting in that moment. But Ravenna didn't want him to think any less of her because of who she was. 

Cregan and Ravenna locked eyes and he nodded his head towards her.

"I urge that the pair of you get to know one another." Viserys suggested

Cregan nodded, "Would you like to accompany me around the Red Keep, my Lady?"

"It would be my pleasure." Ravenna answered 

Cregan walked over to her within seconds, once getting a reassuring smile from his brother. She took his arm with a small smile. The doors to the Council Hall were opened and the newly betrothed coupled walked out together. 

Thank you for reading 

The Morrigan siblings may be one of my new fave things 

Comment and Vote :)