Chapter 27: Spiders Have Claws Too!

Start from the beginning

Your eyes widened...they weren't believing you...but deep down...you knew...

Y/N: l-look...you don't even have to trust me, or fight me!...i-...I don't want to hurt anyone!...just let me pass...!

You heard the longer ranged machine laugh.

(Long ranged head hunter)
Lrhh: look kid...things may seem small in a normal person's iron sights...but not in mine...the system dictates that you have to die for the peace of Rubicon...so the way I see it-...

Each machine that wasn't scuttles seemed to aim at you...even the buildings with the several machines perched on top of them...

Lrhh: either we kill you without any issue...or you make things fun~...and scuttle~

For some reason...those words touched a nerve...these people...they wouldn't listen to reason!...nor would they heed your pleads...thus...with both arms raised...and your body ready for motion. You-

9: don't move...

You whipped a slightly annoyed glare at 9...but it quickly changed once you had caught sight of the several screens flying around her.

9: I have already taken the necessary calculations that lead to the best possible results...

9 placed a hand on your shoulder before passing ahead of you...strange enough...you...almost felt her hand?

9: however with your current reation time...in addition to our current odds...I am afraid your emotions may make a miscalculation...I will take care of transit...however...

She flicked her wrist...m-much...much like you do when using scuttles?

And in that moment...you felt a slight rumble from within...as the drones began to orbit around your machine.

Lrhh: Hey!-...w-what the hell are those?...

9: I ask this as a sign of trust...watch my back...and protect us...

She look at you with a deranged smile as-...something began to frorm around her arms...

It was faint at first...but then, in a swirl of red, and flying tabs all colliding into an object...and a clone appeared beside her...but...it was a male?

it was a male?

Either way...a stringed object of some sorts appeared in her hands as she began to face forward...her hands holding the object like she was born to...

Several screens still orbited her as a few of them opened up to beiw through the sound settings you had used before...several scrolls and different tabs later-

9: to quote you..."just let me try"...and "trust me"...

She glared back with a grin before-