she watched as he placed the cake , cupcakes and muffins in the fridge for later.

Melisa nibbled on her lower lip , as a frown made its way to her forehead. "i think we need to go to couple's therapy"

Pedri raised a brow and turned his head to his wife. "couple's therapy? for what?" Melisa gave him a look. "can't you see how we're living like strangers , Pedri? we no longer even look at each other for more than 10 seconds" Melisa let out.

her voice was soft since she didn't want to wake the twins up. Pedri scoffed and turned around to open the cupboard.

"walking away and ignoring the problem isn't going to help us , Pedri. we need to talk this out" Melisa spoke. she felt the tears prickle in her yes.

Pedri took the pancake mix out of the cupboard and put it on the counter. he bend down to get out a bowl and some utensils.

"we don't need fucking therapy" he spoke lowly as he poured the pancake mix into a bowl. Melisa just stared at him.

"so , there's nothing wrong with you biting my head off at the most random times? with you not even wanting to lay in the same bed as me? with you ignoring me? there's nothing wrong with that?" she continued to ask.

"for fuck's sake , Melisa. it's too early for this shit" he hissed. "today is my children's birthday and i don't want to argue and go into the day with a bad attitude, so please" Pedri spoke.

Melisa crossed her arms. "you always have a fuking bad attitude, Pedri." she started. "and what do you mean your children? they're mine too"

"or don't you see me worthy enough as a mom? huh? you don't even look at me the same way and we move past each other like strangers and iknow it's because of that girl"

Pedri slammed his hands on the counter. "don't you ever call her that girl"

Melisa let out a breath. "am i the only one who's trying to make this marriage work , Pedri?" she asked , hopelessly.

he mixed the ingredients together and put the pan on the stove. "maybe"

Melisa just stared at him as he continued to make breakfast for his children. she felt her nose burn and the lump in her throat.

"i'm going to check on the kids" she muttered and walked away from him and into the direction of their room.

Pedri let out a breath and ran his hand across his face. he briefly closed his eyes and got his phone out of the pockets of his sweatpants.

Lacy wasn't going to make it today. he wanted her to. he really wanted her to but she claimed that it'd be better to leave him with his family.

the footballer continued to make the chocolate chip pancakes for his twins and plated them on nice little plates.

he put the chocolate sauce and cut up fruits in little bowls around the plates.

the sun was out and Pedri took it as his cue to open the curtains and letting the natural light shine in.

some gifts were already placed on the kitchen counter and he smiled to himself , excited to see his kids open the presents.

he heard some voices and then he heard little footsteps ran down the stairs. Cia came into view , dressed in her pink pajamas and Pedri was quick to notice her.

"hello , mi amor" he said and lifted her up into the air. "happy birthday" he said and kissed her cheeks, causing her to giggle.

"hola papa" she said and wrapped her arms around his neck. "where's Teo?" he asked his daughter.