Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era

Start from the beginning

I continued to look around until one of the books flew off of the shelves and stopped right in front of me.
The book then opened, hundreds, if not thousand of pages slipped in an instant before stopping around the middle of the book.

Dawn : Is it asking me to read ?

I was a bit hesitant but ultimately, I had nothing to lose...my eyes wandering slowly around the page, each letter and sentence registered in my mind.

My skin slowly paled as the content revealed itself...

Dawn : W-what...

The exact description of my fight against Luna...the decision I made, the reasoning I thought...not even what Luna did and thought.

Everything was written like a novel nook in front of me...i-is this the true face of unique skill : Author ?

Dawn : The ending...

Unconsciously, my eyes went toward the ending of our duel...

[Dawn suddenly started moving in a robotic way as if his mind was somewhere else...]

This situation is my current present, my physical body seems to be fighting in an auto battle mode, or perhaps is it something similar to parallel existence ?

My mind and body separated but still worked as a whole ?

[Suddenly, Dawn came back to his senses and fought back...but things quickly escalated, finally Dawn perished under Luna's blade...her cold eyes looked down on him, tears dwelled inside them...]

So that's the end of this fight...I lost ? I really lost ?! I-it's frustrating...knowing the future but not being able to change it.

Dawn : Wait...change it ?

I clenched my fist hard, hard enough for blood to come out...i didn't know if it was even possible as i'm not in my mind or anywhere physical.

A sort of spiritual realm beyond mindscape itself.

Dawn : Right...if you don't like a certain ending, then just change it...

This is what I always did...as a fanfic writer, rewriting and changing the story for it to fit me...

I grabbed the page tightly ripping it off...the sound echoed through the space as the ending slowly disappeared...

Dawn : Right, change everything...

The blood in my hand slowly ran down to my finger, my nail dug in the page...letters per letters, my eyes went blank seemingly lost.

What is this feeling ? I feel like I could do anything now...

Dawn : This is better already...

Smiling, my eyes stared at the new page...the sentence written with my very own blood, the letters started to glow before acting.

The book returned to its original state, the ripped page was gone...only one thing changed from this book and the one I read earlier.

The ending was changed...what I wrote became the new reality...

I didn't know if i could come back here after, or how to come back here but that was fine...even if it was a unique time usage...because I will win this now.

3rd Pov

Coming back to his senses, the fight was still ongoing...Luna was on the ground injured with cuts everywhere...she just couldn't read or defend herself on those emotionless attacks.

It felt like she was fighting another person..

Luna : (His optimization over rewrite is absurd too...am i really fighting an human?)