51. {she's not cobra kai material}

Start from the beginning

"this is about power, control, and most importantly, fear. the cobra kai way." silver told her.

gioia was exhausted. she entered the dojo with dishevelled hair, dark circles under her eyes indicating fatigue, and a weary expression. her knuckles were bruised and her feet aching, reflecting the physical toll of overwork. paleness and a lack of vibrancy in her skin suggested the strain on her well-being.

"why would i want to feel fear?" gioia huffed out as she sent a fourth sidekick to the dummy.

"because it is a powerful motivator, barbusca." silver told her. "embrace it, channel it. it'll make you unstoppable."

"yes, sensei." she replied, robotically.

"what's your biggest fear?" silver questioned, circling around the blonde girl.

kresse was teaching his students in the main front room. he didn't understand why silver was wasting so much of his time on a girl who was still affiliated with the rival team. she was living a double life.

"losing the people i care about." gioia confessed, striking the dummy in the face.

"the people you care about." he laughed. "that's sweet. and yet the people you care about, they're not winners. they're mere fighters."

"but we're a team, and we support each other to be better." gioia said, thinking back to devon lee.

"but are they pushing you to be the best? johnny lawrence labelled you a beginner." silver reminded her, getting under her skin. she regretted telling him that. "it's been over two weeks and i think it's time you join officially cobra kai. you'll continue to experience this level of training and discipline that will elevate you to heights you never thought possible."

"but my friends-"

"your friends have no faith in you!" he raised his voice, making her flinch back. "you've got fire in you, but it's being smothered by mediocrity. cobra kai will ignite that fire and turn it into an unstoppable blaze. don't settle for less when greatness is within your grasp."

"johnny's been there for me since the start." gioia told him, peeling off the compression strap from her wrist. "even if he said i was one of the beginners, i still can't help but feel loyal to-"

"family, loyalty– those are just sentimental illusions. what do they offer you?" he questioned. "strength, power, victory– that's what cobra kai provides. to find your true potential, you must cut ties with the past."

gioia hesitated, visibly torn between loyalty and ambition. "do you want to be just another face in the crowd, barbusca? or do you want to stand out, be remembered?" silver questioned. "i want to stand out." she whispered.

"that's the spirit!" silver smirked. "now, put the wrist strap back on and let me show you a new technique that will make you unstoppable."

"i want to stand out, i do." gioia repeated. "but not if it means hurting my friends."

"you won't be hurting them; you'll be helping yourself. imagine the power coursing through your veins, the thrill of being unstoppable." silver illustrated for her. "i've trained the best fighters, turned them into champions. you have the potential to be one of them. don't you want that?"