Chapter 12 - Verne

Start from the beginning

—————-

"... who was that you were talking to?." Nathan asked her as he finished showering and climbed into bed.

"Just... Rhonda.." she said to him. Her stomach churned and she felt sick, she was angry at what she had just heard, he had had the audacity to be messing with someone during their conversation. It was at times like this she would call Jayden who would be able to talk her down. She didn't have him anymore, Jamie had taken him away from her too. She was beginning to see the hold that Jamie had over her life, he controlled her without it being physical. He manipulated things, he got rid of people in his way, he made it so that she would never forget him and he wasn't about letting her move on, not now he was out.

"I'm not going to Coachella.." she said as she snuggled with Nathan in bed.

"Really?."

"No, because you're right... this is what he wants.. and I'm done giving that mother fucker what he wants.." she said with venom.

"What about Qian?... you promised him earlier...."
She turned to face him.

"You go, you take him.. I don't need to be there.."

"Finally..." he said with a smile. "I fucking love you Gianna.. and I've been meaning to ask you this for a while but couldn't find the right time... I want you to marry me..."

Gianna sat bolt upright and looked at him. He got up and went to his walk in wardrobe, he came back with a box in his hand he opened the box. "Nathan?..."

"I love you, I need you as my wife... I can't think of a life without you and Qian... will you marry me?.." he asked and took the ring from the box.

Gianna smiled and nodded profusely. Yes!... YES!" she yelled with tears in her eyes. She had waited for this, for someone to love her, propose to her, and make her feel special like this.

She watched as he slipped the ring on to her finger, he then kissed her lips. "I love you." He told her and they hugged it out, happily.

————

Dakota had gone back to her hotel after a marathon sex session with Jamie. Jamie smiled as he thought about Gianna, he truly believed that he owned her and to some extent he did even without her knowing, the crux of it came down to Qian, he now had her where he wanted her because she had his son, so he would always be around and make sure of it too.

He picked up his cell and he text Gianna.

Jamie
You better be coming to Coachella, I have a surprise for you and Qian when you get there. And as for earlier, you can't be mad at me fucking with someone else, for two reasons, 1, we ain't together anymore and 2, you've been fucking that suit and tie mother fucker for years, and I let you, but I'm out now and that will stop, just remember that baby girl. ❤️

He remembered messing with her when they were younger, she was a lot younger than him, but he enjoyed moulding her to what he wanted, she wasn't even a teen when he first ever saw her, she was playful, loud and funny hanging with her friends, trying to be grown around these street G's and gang bangers. Even then she dressed and tried to look older than her years.

Then as she got older into her mid teens she turned her attention to him and he lapped it up, until she was ready and wanted to be with him. He knew he would always make her giddy.

————

"... now who could that be?." Gianna said as she heard a knock at her door at 10pm.

She headed down and looked through the window first, she saw Verne standing there. She opened the door. "Verne?.. what is it?." She said.

Verne was in tears. "He threw me out, I've got nowhere to go...

 "He threw me out, I've got nowhere to go

"He did what... you can stay here... after everything that you've done for me and Qian, I'm happy to have you here... where are the kids?."

"With him... I'll sort this out, but I just need to get my head down tonight...."

Nathan came to the bottom of the stairs, Gianna looked at him, "Verne needs to stay... he's thrown her out..."
Nathan looked at her. "I'm gonna go and set up the spare room for her."

Gianna went off to do just that. Nathan walked over to Verne,
"He threw you out...why?"

"I don't know... I just knew it was coming....

He stared at her. "You did this on purpose.. because I've been busy and haven't been able to come and see you... you know my priorities Verne...and she can't ever know about us.. You know that right.. she's gonna be my wife...

"You proposed to her?.." she said, shocked.

"You knew the deal... she's my girl.. you want me.. you get me when I've got time... and while you're staying here keep your distance from me... and stop pretending that your nephew is your son in order to get closer to her... that's the type of shit that is driving me away from you.." he told her.

"I just wanted to see you, you don't answer my calls or texts...

"Just keep your distance.." he told her...