Special: The killer is me (part 2)

Start from the beginning

So I did.

Soon, it was night. The stars glimmered in the night sky.

"So cool..it's my..first time" I was mesmerized by the night sky. It may be a shocker but, I had never seen the night sky before. So, that was my first time. And it was beautiful.

We soon went inside and I saw my mother glaring at me from a distance.

She would've abused me if Lumari wasn't there but she wanted to make a good impression on Lumari.

I hid behind Lumari as she wondered what I was so scared of.

I side-eyed to my mother and back at her and she understood what I meant and kept me next to her, holding my hand.

She was like the supportive and kind older sister I never had.

A few weeks later..?

It had been a few weeks since Lumari had started living with us.

I've realized a few things about her...

1) she's really smart. She knows the life story of the most powerful-est sorcerer in the magic-est of magic kind!

2) she's super kind and really nice.

3) and she's my hero.

I want to be just like her when I'm older: kind, nice, helpful, blah blah..

It was soon night and these days Lumari had slept with me in my room.

"But my mother has arranged a royal chamber for you.." I say as I think on why she would want to sleep with me in my bare room full of nothingness.

Is it cause she feels bad..? Then I don't need her 'charity' or pity.

I don't like to be a pity thing or someone to feel bad about.

"Yeah but I'd rather sleep here!" She grins.

"B-but.."

"Nope! Be quiet, I'm not leaving you alone!"

I nodded finally and we both lay on the ground, with some distance.

"Oh also...happy birthday.."

I widened my eyes at her words.

"You...remember..?"

She grinned playfully.

"I do." She cocked her head.

My eyes suddenly started tearing up. I know it was just a happy birthday but it felt like I was being appreciated. Like I was someone worthy enough to be remembered.

"Hey...HEY! Why are you crying?!"

I rubbed my eyes. "I'm happy, Ms Layts."

She waved her hands around trying to find something to help me even though there was nothing in my room. She turned to me and sighed.