9| "𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘳"

Start from the beginning

"And- and—" Charlie stutters, hopping up and down. "Y/N," Charlie gestures to you. "has been making great progress in umm..." she hesitates as she realizes just how little she knows about you. You haven't actually participated in any bonding exercises, or opened up to her about anything that's happened in your life— or even your afterlife. "Oh, and Angel!" She instead gestures toward Angel. "He's really been doing great! We've found almost all of his drug stashes!"

Angel Dust clears his throat awkwardly and throws a flirtatious wink in Lucifer's direction in hopes of deflecting from his sinful behavior.

Alastor, who has been quietly standing by his lonesome until now, raises his eyebrows as Charlie gestures toward him. "Oh, and this is Alastor...!"

Lucifer's nervous smile drops as he looks the far taller man up and down. "Who are you? What are you- the- the bellhop or something?"

"Haha! No! I am the host of this fine hotel! And you— are much shorter in real life." Upon seeing Lucifer's little frown, Alastor grins wider than usual, placing a strangely tender hand on Charlie's shoulder. "We're all so proud of Charlie, and I'm more than happy to fulfil her wacky requests!"

Lucifer glares at Alastor's hand that dares to touch his daughter. "What?"

"You may have heard of me from my radio show!" Alastor proceeds, cocking his head to the side with a sickening snap. Lucifer cringes and Charlie giggles nervously.

"Mm, can't say I have. I guess that's why Charlie called it the "Has-been Hotel", right?" Lucifer challenged, glaring up at him.

Alastor's eyes narrow, gripping his staff a bit tighte with one hand as the other moves to his chest. "Haha, that was actually my idea!"

"Haha, well it's not very clever!" Lucifer argues quickly, his eye twitching in annoyance.

"Haha! Fuck you." Alastor growls back, his smile growing more tense. Charlie yelps and steps between them both, clearing her throat.

"Okay, anyway—-"

Charlie abruptly cuts herself off at the sound of retching. She spins around, along with everyone else, to find you clutching your stomach and kneeling over. "Ah! Y/N, are you okay!?"

"I'm fine- I'm so sorry- I'm sorry—" Your words die on your tongue as you gag, and your heart drops as the bile that's been building in your chest moves to your throat. "I'll be back—"

It's too much. Too much all at once, and you feel entirely useless for being so queasy over the whole thing. You fled from your boss that literally owns your soul. He's gonna fucking kill you! Or worse, fuck you again. God, you hate when he does that. You just sit there and let him because what else are you good for? Or, that's what you thought just last week, but the spell he's had over you seems to wear off a little more every day.

Regardless, you're so fucked. What do you do now!? You can't exactly go back to work in the morning. Do you just avoid work like Angel? You can't do it. You need to vomit, you need a drink, you need to do a line of coke. You need something.

You stumble over yourself and make a beeline for the stairs, but not even two steps in, you're doubling over and hurling.

"Oh, my." Alastor comments, his grin growing more strained, disgust written all over his face.