18: ʜᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ ♡

Start from the beginning

You parted your hands and put a hand on your shoulder.

"I guess I'm just a bit tired."

'Liar'

"You should sleep. Paimon's worried about you!"

You nodded and walked into your room.

'Liar, liar'

You knew it wasn't good to lie, but Paimon was horrible at secrets.

How would she know that you were proposing to Furina today??

You closed the door behind you and sighed.

You were nervous. Very nervous.

You never felt this anxious in your life.

You picked up the ring box and opened it, checking if the ring was still there.

It was, and it was shining even brighter.

Suddenly, a knock was heard from your room door.

On the other side, the voice you loved was heard of the other side. Furina's..

"Y/n? I'm going to do a little training. Do you want to come with me?"

You stuffed the ring box in your pocket. This time, you won't screw things up.

"Sure."

-

Furina gracefully swung her sword, finishing off the robots that roamed Fontaine.

Her three companions, on the other hand, looked around, trying to see if they could find any more enemies.

Unfortunately, they were all already gone..

"Haha! Another victory for me!"

Furina smugly smiled as she put her hands on her hips.

She insisted that you watch her fight to show you how much she's improved.

You were hesitant, but you didn't want to go against her wishes.

"Hey, N/n! Let's go explore some more!"

Before you could comprehend the nickname she suddenly gave you, she started dragging you away from the monster camp.

"I think there are some more camps around here. I'm also not done showing off my abilities just yet!"

Furina's companions followed you as Furina looked for something to bully.

"I see another camp in the distance, but it seems to be empty.."

Furina put a hand above her eyes and squinted. There really were no monsters at that camp. Did someone already beat you to it?

While Furina was confused, you then realized that your surroundings were a little familiar.

Oh, right.

You already got rid of those monsters in the camp a few days ago..

"Oh well! Let's walk around for a bit. Fontaine's scenery is really beautiful, after all."

The grass beneath you let out a nice crunch as you both walked down the hill you were currently on.

It was around evening, and as usual, the sky started turning different colors. No matter how long you will spend your time in Fontaine, you will never get tired of the sky. Especially since it was so pretty to look at.

While you were looking up at the fluffy clouds and watching the sky slowly change color, something caught your eye.

"What's that?"

"Hm?"

You pointed towards a specific spot in the sky.

In the sky, a floating island could be seen. Furina furrowed her eyebrows just by looking at it.

"That's....Celestia. A place."

"Ah.."

You lowered your head and sat on the grass. You will admit, you were tired and have been walking for what seemed like hours when, in reality, it was only thirty minutes.

Instead of sitting, Furina laid on the grass and smiled. It was warm outside, meaning that you were quite comfortable at the moment.

Following her action, you laid down next to her. You both knew you would have to go back soon since it was getting dark, but at the moment, you both wanted to relax.

"It feels nice out here today. I don't think I've ever laid on the grass like this before."

You turned your head and looked at Furina. She was genuinely smiling again.

Furina turned her whole body and faced herself towards you. You both weren't too far away from each other, but we're close enough to hold hands.

Furina moved closer to you and made your foreheads touch. She closed her eyes, and you did the same as you both listened to each other's soft breathing.

Even though you are afraid of uncovering old memories with your master, you aren't afraid of making new ones, whether they be good or bad.

It was hard to believe, but you were alive. Alive and well.

You reached into your pocket and took out the ring. You knew that this wasn't the way Clorinde showed you, but to you, this was the perfect moment.

Furina still had her eyes closed, quickly going into a short doze.

You gently took her left hand and slid the ring on her ring finger.

You didn't know if she heard you, yet you whispered to her anyway.

"...Protecting you is my life-long goal. I promise that I'll shield you from any harm, whether that be emotionally or physically. I love you, Furina.."

You gently squeezed her hand and closed your eyes as well.

If you knew that you would've got to see her reaction, you would've stayed up a little longer to see the brightness in her eyes and the blush on her face as she stared at you with nothing but love and admiration.

"I love you too."

-

You slid on your bag and held Furina's hand.

Aether and Paimon both did small stretches getting ready for the long journey ahead.

Paimon confidently smiled as she pointed in the direction of your next destination.

"Alright, now it's time to head to our next nation! Natlan!!"