ghost town

Death comes for everyone just hope death makes sure your all the way died . . . because it didn't for Andie!

(June, 20, 2025 3 hours after the outbreak started, it's 3:32 a.m)Matthew in a walking position eyes wide open (Matthew inner thoughts) no no no no no this is not really please god please this can't be real. He turned to look down and andie was there gargling pulling her self to Matthew it wasn't andie anymore Matthew knew by her big red eyes he started crying "Andie please no . . . please andie . . . i can't kill you . . . please ANDIE!" He shook his leg loosening andies grib he stood by the front door a looking at her crying. Now having a moment to look at everything he could tell andie must have gotten up in the middle of the night to open the door for her roommate probably just before she turned. He could tell andie put up a fight seeing that her roommate had a loss of hair and the kitchen looks like hell like her roommate looked about 223 and was about the same height as Matthew so andie might have gotten over powered by her roommate. He looked at andie one more time she looked exactly like the zombies he would read about in his comic book and see in the movies. he understood that's all she was now a "zombie". He pick his gun up and aimed for her head . . . but he couldn't pull the trigger he lowered the gun. He decided he needed to leave he grabbed the doorknob and took one last look at andie to say "i love you good bye my love"

As he started to turn back around to leave he saw the other zombie start moving "what the hell i kick the crap out of that thing and it's still moving?" (Matthew inner thoughts) Everyone knows  you kill a zombie through the brain so how is it not died? . . . this is not a movie they probably don't die the same way! Some part of him still didn't want to leave andie behind and he didn't want to leave her as a zombie but with not knowing how to kill her there's no choice. He opened the door to find andie's other two roommates eating on two guy. Try to make himself feel better he thought to himself (Matthew inner thoughts) damn the one night you girl would have gotten luckily is the night the zombies outbreak happens. God just does not want you guys to get laid. Almost like if they heard his thoughts both roommates looked up at Matthew like he was next meal. They were by his car he knew andies body is right on the other side of the door so he can't go back in. Andie's house was on a Corner of her street with no gates around her house she had a decent size yard so it wasn't hard to run the other way but he would have to leave his car. "Fuck it! I'll find another one." he started running down the street.

(Matthew inner thoughts) I need to get out of here . . .I need to get out of the city It's to populated. There is no point in heading back home he lived right in the middle of down town most cars he ran past were either crashed, on fire or surrounded by zombies. There was really no time to stop anyway but the whole time he ran his stomach felt like it was turned up side down see zombies and hear the screams of people in the distance. The image of andie blood gushing out of her throat kept repeating in his head it just made him run faster. His feet felt heavy after every step he took his vison started to become blurry because his tears filled up most of his eyes. he started heading west because he knew desert was that way which meant less people . . . he hoped.

(Matthew inner thoughts) What about mom and dad? Where is my cell phone? He patted himself down to try and find his phone. shit! . . . it's somewhere in andie's bed. In their retirement his parents moved to Phoenix Arizona which means he was heading west to find them and make sure their okay.

(June, 23, 2025 3 days after the outbreak, it's 7:23 p.m) After Three days of walking he found a town that seems to have no zombies. The town looks like it was an old western movie. (Matthew inner thoughts) this place look like what my grandpa use to watch on those old western channels. Matthew reads a sign that says the old west Memorial "the old west is the best!" At this point his feet had blisters all over them. His vision kept cutting in and out and his head was pounding.  I need to find some food and water fast because this sucks. He check the chamber of his gun he only had six more bullets left in the gun. I also need to get some more bullets but what good will it do. I can't shoot at them all damn day plus after seeing andie's roommate getting back up i don't even know if i can kill those things. It looks to be around about 7 p.m since the sun is starting to go down it a little dark but still visible. His body gave way as he fell to the ground it must be from the dehydration ,starvation and the lack of sleep but he was still mentally awake. His eyes slowly started to close also till he heard foot steps coming his way it sounded like a large group of something. He looked up "Just my FUCKING luck . . . zombies." About 20 feet away were zombies were coming around the corner of a the old saloon he counted 5 zombies. while laying on his back trying to catch his breath he began to sit up but only got mid way up before a zombie laid on top of him. Trying to bite him he grabbed the zombie by the neck but it seemed ten times strong than him because of the lack of care for his body. He was scared yet relived that this was happening after losing andie he wanted to die. (Matthew inner thoughts) the one person who deserved to live is died and it's my fault. This is how Andie died and this is how i deserve to die as well. At least I will be with her again.

Matthew slowly started to let the zombie get close to his face. He could feel it's breath slowly come closer it almost bit his nose off and the other zombies were a few step way from being right on top of him. He felt like he was ready he didn't care anymore

when all of a sudden a can hit the zombie in the head. It rolled about a foot away till smoke started to come out like crazy till he could bearly see the zombie that was on top of him. He heard a loud boom and at the same time he felt something like water splash all over his face. The zombie that was on top of him felt like it went lip he pushed the zombie off of him. He layed there for a moment before he heard foot steps running towards him but he was to tired to move. Then he felt something grab his leg and start dragging him. He started kick whatever was dragging him. Till whatever grabbed him hit him in the face with what seemed like a rock . . . he was knock out cold.

He woke up he noticed he was in a small bed the room he was in looked like he was in one of the buildings he saw outside. He could feel someone there watching him. He was looking around but his vison was a little hazy. He started to sit up then his head started pounding like if some jusy hit him with a hammer. At the end of his bed someone was sitting in a chair before he could see who it was he heard a womans voice say. "Take it slow your body needs to catch up and I'm not to sure if you have a concussion or not. Do you want some water?" Matthew's vison slowly came back the very first thing he noticed about her was her solid black hair that almost covered all of her eyes she stood up and checked on his head bandage. She looked Asian, probably in her early 20's probably 5'4 she looked like she weighed 180 if maybe. she was wearing a white tank top, some green short shorts, what looked to be military style boots but the most of all a belt that was holding 5 hand gun magazine and one large pouch on her left hip and on her right hip a FN Five-seveN (hand gun) on her left thigh she had a bowie knife strapped to her leg. "Hey can you hear me or did i hit you to hard?"

Matthew wanted to get angry for her hitting in the head with a rock but this girl did just save him and plus she looks like she could kill him in a second so he tired to talk  in the nicest way possible "Umm yea sure . . . wait your the one who hit me on the head . . . who are you and where are we?" She walked over to a table that was by the window she grabbed the glass of water that was on the table he noticed standing up on it's own by the window also was a M107 .50 cal sniper rifle (Matthew inner thoughts) this girl is no joke i need to really make sure not to get on her bad side. When she turned around she started explaining "Your in a hotel inn i saw you from my window being pinned down by one of those . . . things. You seemed like you couldn't fight for you self so i decided to help and my name is mia sumisu" she handed him the glass of water Matthew took a sip of water and said "my name is Matthew Puente thank-" he was cut off by mia "what the HELL is wrong with you. You nearly almost got yourself killed! Do you wanna die" Matthew looked at her and said " Yes . . . thank you for helping me but i need to go " mia said in a angry sarcastic voice " sure go ahead you won't make it a mile with no food,water oh and I'm sure your head wound won't be much help either" Matthew weighed his options and said "fine I'll stay" mia look at him with her arms crossed "good I'll bring up some food in a minute"

( if you are enjoying the book so far give it a vote and commit what your think of the book and what you think should happen next)