Chapter 14

Notes:
(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text
Back in the day…

John was an idiot. Actually an idiot. Why did he think it was a good idea to park in that parking space? Now he was being shoved into the same type of purple diamond that he was trying to get Floyd out of. He banged on the walls, quickly retrieving everything in his arsenal from his hair. He threw everything he had at it, but just like before it was no good.

He looked to his brothers, who were now also shoved in their own purple containers. John couldn’t believe this was happening. The boy, Veneer, grabbed John’s and Bruce’s diamond prison and shoved them into the shoulder pads he was wearing. The motion made JD nauseous.

The talent succubi grabbed Rhonda and attempted to carry her into a building. She was kicking and fighting the whole way. 

“Oh! Ow! It’s biting me!” Veneer cried as they entered a dressing room. Good! John thought. Give ‘em hell girl!

Velvet, the obvious ring leader of the two, opened a skinny door in the room. “Put it in the closet. Put it in the closet!” Together the giant siblings threw Rhonda in, shutting the door behind her. John could hear her whining from behind the door. It broke JD’s heart. They couldn’t do this to her!

Velvet reached down to the vanity counter and tossed a familiar looking purple diamond in her hand. Inside was his baby brother, looking ten times worse than he had before. Something was wrong with his skin, it was almost see through. He looked exhausted from whatever these two demons were doing to him.

“Floyd!” All of the brothers called.

Floyd’s eyes lit up in recognition, “Brothers! It’s so good to see you.”

John couldn’t help but bite out, “We would have been here sooner, but these guys wouldn’t stop yelling at each other.” John had to get out of here. He banged on the wall again with his fist. How could this have gone so wrong so fast? Branch was gone who knows where and now he had gotten all of his brothers captured.

“Guys, please.” Floyd groaned, exhaustion leaking into his voice. Velvet shoved Floyd’s container into her shoulder pad across from Clay. The lime haired brother pointed at John, “John Dory, you’re the one who parked in the spot marked “Reserved for BroZone.” Didn’t that seem a little sus to you?”

John gaped. “Oh, so it’s my fault?” It was.

Veneer giggled. “Oh, look. They’re even cute when they fight.” He shook his shoulders around and tapped at the diamonds. “Boop, boop, boop.” The motion caused John to stumble on his feet, losing his balance. The tapping on the glass rang in his ears. He wondered if this was what Clay heard all those times he had been overwhelmed by sound.

“Hey, stop!” John gagged, trying to keep himself from hurling. Floyd glared at the boy giant. “Come on, man. You’re better than this.” Why was Floyd giving these psychos any credit?

Veneer giggled once more, shaking his shoulders as he went. John fell to the ground and held his gut. Okay, he was really going to throw up. “Well, thank you.” Veneer answered.

Velvet rolled her eyes, as if she was completely above it all. “I really don’t see why you’re so upset. At least we’re putting your talent to good use. I mean, you’re welcome.”

Is that how she really saw it? John pressed his face to the glass. “You’re sick!” He yelled. And John was going to be sick. He reached up into his hair and brought out the caterbug doll. He brought his knees to his chest and pressed the doll against his face. He tried to breathe through the nausea.