Hogwarts: Slytherin

Hogwarts; a prestigious yard with a strange reputation. It either produces absolute units in the equestrian world, or the riders don't do so well (read: fail miserably). Their success rate is extremely irregular, but you don't particularly care.

All you need is a place that will give Saff the care he needs and will let you do as you please with your horse.

For the third time today, you pay the taxi driver, and finally have a proper look around.

This place looks nice.

You're stood in the entrance of a classic square yard, and the surrounding stables look positively jaw dropping.

Smart, well-built horses and ponies poke their pretty heads over stable doors, and riders are walking around completing their tasks.

What looks like an office is stood perfectly in the centre, and you approach it briskly, avoiding stepping on the ideally edged lawn.

Just before you reach the doors, two people step out, engaged in polite conversation. Maybe.

"Tom himself insisted she be in Slytherin. I'm guessing he has plans for her." The woman says. She has a distinctly Scottish accent, and her mostly black hair is scraped back into a ring-ready bun, giving her a stern, almost military appearance.

"Tom hasn't told me anything, Minerva. It seems like you're insinuating I know something." The man replies, his voice nasally as he fixes the long cuffs of his polo shirt. His voice has a bright tone of politeness, but the undercurrents of disdain are still detectable, even to you. "I assure you, however, that I will take care of her."

The woman nods, and suddenly, her gaze catches on you; she abruptly stops her barely started reply.

Her thin lips raise into a welcoming smile, and you step up, a greeting already on your tongue.

"Hello. Is there any way I could find Albus Dumbledore here?" You ask for the yard owner, and the woman beats the man to replying.

"Albus is currently viewing schooling prospects. Severus and I are the ones in charge in his absence. How can I help?"

"Grand." You smile. "My name is Y/N, I'm meant to be boarding my horse here for the summer."

"Speak of the devil." The man says wryly. "We were just talking about you. You're under my yard block, Slytherin."

"I'll leave you two to it, then. I'm sure Severus will answer any questions you may have." The woman says, starting to retreat in the general direction of the right side of the square yard. "I've got lessons to take care of."

The man gestures for you to follow him, and he leads left— opposite where the woman is going— heading for a wide gap between stables in the left wall of the stable yard.

"Hogwarts is quite a large schooling yard, so it is split into two; Slytherin and Gryffindor. You'll hopefully find that Slytherin is superior." He gives a dry smile at this, too fleeting for you to properly see it.

You enter a large building, and you're immediately welcomed with large open stalls, cared for steeds peering and neighing, as if calling out to one another.

A radio plays somewhere off to the side, filling the air with the gentle notes of Taylor Swift's Cruel Summer.

"My name is Severus, by the way." The man finally informs you, and gestures for you to head down the second row on your right. You walk down the length, peeking at the passing horses, and—