"Help him get over what, Mrs. Park?" Sora asked.

Mrs. Park was surprised by Sora's question. "My idiot son—how come he still didn't tell you? Maybe he was waiting for the right moment..."

"Tell me about what?" Sora pressed.

"His brother," Mrs. Park revealed. "Jay's brother, Jihyuk... He was a victim of drug abuse, which led to his death. Jay was a teenager when that happened, and they were pretty close. I guess it messed him up."

Sora was shocked, as she believed Jay was an only child, according to media reports.

"Then why does it say everywhere on the internet that Jay was your only child?" Sora questioned.

"Because we were ashamed. We have an image to keep, an image to protect," Mrs. Park confessed.

Disgusted by what she heard, Sora stood up and left Mrs. Park sobbing in front of her, not before bowing.

"And Mrs. Park, here's another copy of my resignation letter. Please sign it. I do not wish to keep working here. I'm working on opening my own office. Thank you," Sora stated firmly before leaving the room.

Disturbed by what she had learned, Sora's hands shook uncontrollably as she made her way to her office. The weight of the revelations lingered, prompting her to escape to her home to clear her thoughts. However, upon arrival, the sight of reporters and a crowd outside her door sent a jolt of fear through her. A loud gasp escaped her lips, catching their attention.

In sheer panic, Sora fled, the crowd and reporters following her, begging for answers. She turned into different streets, weaving through alleys in a desperate attempt to escape. The chase intensified, but she pressed on, her breaths labored.

Thinking she had lost them, she slowed down to catch her breath, only to realize they were still behind her.

Anxiety clawed at her until a hand reached out from an alley, and the next moment, she found herself engulfed in a familiar hug. The distinct scent of the person who caused this chaos hit her nostrils.

She struggled to break free, but the person holding her tightened his grip. "Just one more minute... I missed you... your smell... your smile... everything about you," he whispered, the warmth of the embrace conflicting with the chaos surrounding them.

She was on the verge of being swayed by his seduction, his words sending a tingling sensation through her body.

Pushing herself away, she demanded, "What are you doing here? This is dangerous."

"Being without you is more dangerous," he countered.

"Then why didn't you call me? Why didn't you send a text message? I've been going through a lot since the day of the event," Sora retorted.

"I swear I tried, but that company... they took my phone. I'm basically their puppet right now," he explained.

"Just leave me alone. This won't end well. I heard you have a press conference today. You should go get ready and read your script or whatever you guys do," she urged, ready to leave.

However, he took her wrist, pulling her to his chest and hugging her, his nose against her neck. "Sora... let's run... let's run away."

She chuckled at his proposition. "A week without therapy made you crazy, I presume."

"You drive me crazy, so let's run away from everything, from this shit hole. I have unlimited money that'll keep us happy. Let's go to Italy and live there, enjoy our lives without the spotlight, without the expectations of anyone. You can open your office there, and I'll become a street musician,"

Sora smiled, finding the idea appealing. "I like that. Let's do it. But... not right now. Let's go somewhere else and think, somewhere far. This isn't an easy thing, you fool."

Sprinting towards Jay's car, the paparazzi caught sight of them and charged in their direction. Jay swiftly started the engine, speeding away with the windows rolling down. Sora glanced outside at the pursuing cars, giving them a defiant middle finger.

"You motherfuckers," she declared with fiery determination. Jay couldn't help but chuckle loudly, thoroughly enjoying her spirited attitude.

"I can finally live my Fast and Furious dream," he remarked, a sense of freedom and exhilaration filling the air as they sped away from the relentless pursuit.

Speeding up, the wind whipping through their hair, they reached Yangpyeong after an hour. To relish their escape, they decided to close off their phones, shielding themselves from the outside world.

══════════════════

─────────
I like the next chp 👺