✦ 39

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

currently playing ;;
[Somethin' stupid] - [Frank sinatra, Nancy sinatra]

Their getaway was filled with laughter and heart-to-heart conversations. They explored quaint cafes, shared stories of their past, and reveled in the joy of being together.

A particularly amusing moment occurred when they attempted to go paddleboarding on the river, resulting in a series of comical falls and splashes. Sora, not used to such adventurous endeavors, ended up soaking wet, eliciting uncontrollable laughter from both of them.

Watching the sunset from the comfort of Jay's car, with her head resting on his shoulder, was the best thing Sora could have ever wished for. In that moment, they both felt at ease in each other's presence.

Curious, Sora inquired, "Who is Jihyuk?" Jay's demeanor shifted, a chill running through him as haunting memories surfaced.

"My mom told you, didn't she?" he uttered.

"It doesn't matter who did. I thought you trusted me,"

"I do, but it's a topic we rarely discuss." Jay hesitated, revealing a painful chapter of his past. "When I was nine and my brother fifteen, we had a strong bond. However, one day, my dad went berserk because Jihyuk refused to be his successor. The hitting started, and what adds to my guilt is that whenever Dad got angry at me, he took the hits. I felt my brother drifting away. He came home late, red-eyed and stoned. I found drugs in his room, tried to stop him, but one day, I found him lifeless—overdose, an apparent suicide. It feels like my fault now that I reflect on it."

Sora hugged Jay, whispering, "It's not your fault, Jay. You were just a young boy."

In the warmth of Sora's embrace, Jay let the painful memories unfold, sharing the heavy burden he had carried for years. Sora whispered reassuring words, understanding that the scars of the past weighed heavily on his soul. Together, they navigated the shadows of Jay's history.

After a while, curiosity got the better of Sora, and she decided to turn on her phone, searching Jay's name on Google. A flood of articles appeared, and she read one out loud: "A great scandal - Jay and his infamous lover are out on a lover getaway. Did they run away?" She burst into laughter when she saw the picture of her holding up the middle finger.

"No way they just put that picture," Jay remarked.

"I'm glad they did. They can fuck off. This wouldn't have happened if they knew how to respect privacy," she responded.

"So...italy , it's a nice place you know."

Sora looked down, contemplating. "I don't know, really. It's nice, but the city needs me."