51 Change of plan

Start from the beginning

"Why do you think we would think like that?" Arnav asked.

"You may not think like that. Being Indhu, it's obvious if she doubts I would stop your wedding" he said looking at Khushi.

"I have no doubt... I'm sure about it. You are the one who would have sent him. And now, you are pretending like innocent. Don't I know you? What's your plan? Why are you doing this?" Khushi asked without fear.

"If I want to stop the marriage, I have many ways to do that. I won't do silly stunts like sending this useless guy" Pradeep said.

"You can't stop our wedding because we are not Arjun and Indhu now..." Khushi sneered.

"I know you are not Arjun and Indhu but Arnav and Khushi. Get to know something too... I'm also not that old Pradeep..."

"Stop your drama and leave" Khushi sneered.

"Call the police and hand over him to them. Then I will leave" Pradeep said that wondered them.

"Don't talk as if you are innocent"

"I didn't say I'm innocent. It doesn't mean I would be a criminal"

"We don't need your explanation"

"But, I ought to give you an explanation"

"We are not ready to listen to you"

"It's been twenty-eight years...! Many things changed... so is me..."

Pradeep looked at Arnav,

"Arjun, marry Indhu to avoid further issues. You don't have to trust me but marrying Indhu will not harm you but save you" Saying he left the place.

Arnav was looking at him. He looked at Nitin.

"What Anirudh asked you to do?"

"He wanted to stop your wedding. He gave me one lakh in advance and said, he would give one more lakh if I stopped the wedding"

"Who else was with him?" Arnav asked and Guptas understood why he asked that. He was doubting Akash's hand in the issue.

"No one was with him. He was alone when he narrated your previous birth story to me"

Arnav huffed in relief. So did Guptas. Arvind called the police to hand over Nitin.

"Arnav, I think Anirudh is planning something. That's why Pradeep warned you to get married to Khushi soon" Shashi said.

"We fixed the wedding day after tomorrow uncle. The wedding will happen as per the plan. No changes"

"Why shouldn't we marry today itself?" Asked Khushi restlessly.

Arnav looked at her perplexed.

"I'm scared Arnav. Pradeep is planning something I suppose. I won't trust him. He daringly came to RM. I think he has a plan"

Arnav looked at Nitin and said,

"The truth will come out if the police enquired him in their way"

"Sir, get married to her. She was right. You don't know about Anirudh. He is mad. He will do anything to get her. Whatever I said is true. Please let me go. I did that for money" he pleaded.

"What if Khushi agreed to marry you? What would have you done?" Arnav asked Nitin.

"I would have handed her over to Anirudh," Nitin said.

In no time, Khushi stormed towards him and clutched his hair. She slapped him hard wrathfully.

"How dare you...! What do you think of me? Is a girl's feelings game to you?"

Arnav didn't stop her. Such guys needed such treatment.

The police arrived. Nitin was handed over to them.

"Sir, he tried to stop my daughter's wedding on someone's order. He was paid to do that" Shashi said.

"Who paid you?" the inspector asked.

"Anirudh Mehta... he gave me one lakh as advance amount and agreed to give me one lakh after I handed her to him"

He was taken to the police station.

"Shashiji, call Akash and ask him to come here," Arvind said.

Shashi knew why he said that because the police would arrest Anirudh. When they did that, Arvind didn't want Akash to be with him but Shashi's thought differed from him.

"No, Arvindji... he should be with Anirudh when he is arrested. Then only he will get to know how low Anirudh stooped"

Arvind nodded yes.

Shashi saw Khushi look stressed.

"Beta, relax"

"Why everyone is behind us, Babuji? Why don't people let us be peaceful? What would they lose if we were happy? We struggled for births, yet, these people are playing with our feelings" Khushi spilled tears.

Arnav came to her,

"Khushi, don't feel bad...! I'm with you"

Arnav, please don't trust Pradeep. He is more dangerous than Anirudh. I feel bad vibes that he will come up with some other excuses"

"Khushi, this time, our family is with us. He can do nothing. You didn't get confused by the ploy. I'm still with you. So, you don't have to bother about anything"

Khushi sat on the couch, holding her head. Arnav looked at Shashi and Arvind who looked at each other.

"Arvindji, today is a good day..." Shashi said hesitatingly.

"I too think the same. If Khushi is not feeling secure, we will marry them today. What say?" Arvind asked.

Khushi raised her head and smiled, whereas Arnav was stunned.

"But, Dad...police will arrest Anirudh... we are safe here. Then, why are you guys scared?"

"It's because Khushi is not feeling good vibes. That's why" Said Arvind.

"Chotte, however, you are going to marry her in two days. Let the wedding happen today itself" Ratna said.

"I don't know what to say, Arnav bituwa..." Garima hesitated.

Arnav looked at Khushi who was looking at him restlessly.

"Ok, we will get married, right now," he said.

All of them sighed in relief.

"Go and get fresh," Shashi said.

Arnav went to his room and Aparna took Khushi to her room. They got fresh and changed their clothes. Aparna gave a new dress to Khushi as her wedding dress was semi-stitched.

Ratna rushed to the kitchen and brought a container. She put the holy sticks in that and fired them. Garima arranged the mangal sutra and vermillion on a plate. They lit the lamp before Devi Maiya Idol and waited for the Groom and Bride.

Arnav and Khushi came to the living room and stood before Devi Maiya idol. They exchanged the garlands. Arnav tied the mangal sutra around her neck and filled her partition. Taking the seven pharas, they became husband and wife.

To be continued...