(Xenos) Chapter 61 Omen

Start from the beginning

Finn:...There's no time.

The conversation came to a halt, followed by a brief period of silence. Finn spoke up solemnly.

Finn: Internal conflict

Finn: Internal conflict...Well, that might not be the right way to put it. But if Loki's right that Freya Familia has the key, we have no choice but to weigh all our options.

Riveria's and Gareth's faces became grim. Their captain wasn't ruling out the possibility of a struggle—aka a somewhat forceful transaction backed by more aggressive methods— if negotiations fell through.

It went without saying that the Labyrinth City itself would incur serious damage if the two familias at the top of Orario took an actively hostile stance with each other

It went without saying that the Labyrinth City itself would incur serious damage if the two familias at the top of Orario took an actively hostile stance with each other. And it was hard enough for the members of both groups to interact when they operated under the whims and desires of the two patron goddesses. This whole situation highlighted the pitfalls of the entire system of deity-led familias to begin with.

Finn planted both hands on the desk, narrowing his blue eyes, which seemed very much like the surface of a lake. He opened his mouth, ready to give out instructions.

Raul: Captain! I'm coming in!

Raul barged into the room without knocking. He was terribly out of breath, wincing when he noticed he'd stumbled into an obviously tense conversation. The gazes of everyone in the room shifted to him, and he gulped uncomfortably when he realized he'd done it again.

Finn: Did something happen, Raul?

Raul: Um, uh...I was ordered to keep you updated as we get new info...! Though it's got nothing to do with Knossos...

Finn: It's fine—just tell me.

Finn urged with his eyes. Raul flinched before glancing out the window at the cityscape.

Raul: We just got word that there was a disturbance on the west side of town—

(Elsewhere)

Aiz: A humanoid monster...?

Aiz parroted back.

Asuna: Yeah, yeah. It showed up yesterday in the western quarter.

Asuna replied as she walked next to Aiz. Beside Asuna, Tiona had her arms around her back seemingly surprise and Tione frowned in annoyance. The morning sun poured in through a row of windows. After finishing her daily spar with Asuna, those two happened to run into the Amazonian sisters in a narrow hall of the manor. Asuna explained the information she obtained and the uproar that had taken Loki Familia by storm the day before.