004

margo awoke to her dad knocking on her door repeatedly

margo awoke to her dad knocking on her door repeatedly. she groaned sitting up, and looking over at her alarm clock.

"come on get up, you got school." hopper leaned against her doorframe.

she sighed, rubbing her eyes. "dad, it's 6:00 am. i don't normal like get up till like 6:30."

"well i got a surprise for breakfast." he left, shutting the door and walking over to el's bedroom.

she yawned and pulled the covers off her. she dragged herself over to her wardrobe pulling out the first outfit she could find which consisted of low waisted flared jeans, a black long sleeved shirt that was kinda small on her with 'queen' written over it, and her usual black leather jacket that consisted of two white stripes over the chest area.

of course people gave her odd looks for her outfit choices, though she didn't give two shits and her dad told her they were just jealous.

she lazily put on her makeup, which she thought was the best way to do it. thankfully her naturally curly hair was being nice and she just had to rake some curl cream through it. she grabbed her bag and went to grab her skateboard but internally screamed remembering she left it in steve's car.

she trudged out of her bedroom towards the small table where her dad and el were already sat eating waffles. "hey, leave some for me!" she chuckled sitting in her usual seat and took a waffle from the large stack placing it on her plate.

"i know you miss him, all right?" hopper began continuing his and el's conversation. "but its too dangerous. you're the last thing he needs right now. you're gonna see him. soon. and not just in that head of yours. you're gonna see him in real life. i feel like i'm making a progress with these people."

"friends don't lie." el said looking him in the eye. margo furrowed her eyebrows looking up from her plate. "you say 'soon' on day 21. you say 'soon' on day 205. you now say 'soon' on day 326?"

"what is this? you're like counting the days like you're some kind of prisoner?" hopper questioned.

"when is 'soon'"

"soon is when..." hopper began.

"el listen, its gonna take time. dad needs to keep you safe and he's also doing this to keep me, mike and everyone safe. i promise you'll see him soon. if dad doesn't ill make sure of it." margo tried to lift the tension.

"when?" el asked again.

both hopper and margo sighed. "i don't know." margo said softly.

"on day 500? on day 600?" el asked looking back at hopper.

"i don't know." he replied becoming more agitated.

"on day 700? on day 800?" el slammed her hand against the table. "i need to see him. tell me!"