Chapter twentyeight~ "I'll see you in two months, Juliet."

Start from the beginning

“In a special built stadium.” Thif’s wife explained. “It will be an amazing event. Whoever lives, wins the war for their country. It’s the perfect way to conclude.”

The thoughts processed in my brain.

“It would prove an ending to the war.” I said to myself.

“Vi. Don’t be silly. You might die.” Miranda suddenly snapped like Eliyn might’ve.

“I don’t see your point. An ending is an ending. Peace is peace.” I muttered sideways.

“Myllic needs a queen.” She replied simply.

“And so it will have one.” I said just as simply to her. Then I stood, re-directing my attention to the three Trys’ on the carpet in front of me.

“Dates? Rules? Official statements?” I asked, in hopes they might’ve already thought them over.

“Whenever you are ready, your highness.” Thif said. “And the rules are simple, only you two are allowed to be fighting. The last one standing wins for their kingdom. If Trys wins then it gains independence and the right over Myllic. If Myllic wins then Trys will gladly back down and become under its rule again.”

I didn’t want any terms and conditions. I just wanted the fighting outside the castle to stop. Trys could have its stupid independence if it wanted.

I knew that Thif was only saying this so it looked like he had started the war over independence, and not over what actually started it. I still had no idea what that was yet, though.

“We can make it official as soon as you officially agree.” His wife stood forwards, leaving Leo stood behind them.            

“You’re thinking over this too fast. Take some time to think it over.” Eelii came from behind me to in front.

“I’ve thought it over.” I replied, pushing him out of the way.

“Don’t be so stubborn! What if this were to end badly? Vi, you are the queen and will not endanger your life fighting for this kingdom!”

“It can only end one way… with the war ending. Isn’t that good enough for you?!”

“You will not die ending this war!” He shouted, making the syllables echoed against the marble floor.

“I will if I have to.” I said, much quieter than him, but so much more powerfully.

I walked towards the three from Trys and smiled.

“So that’s it?” I asked, unsure of what I had to do.

“Yes. I think we shall make the battle two months from now. Is that ok?” Thif asked, more politely than usual.

“That’s perfect.”

“VI DON’T!” Miranda and Eelii shrieked from behind me. I ignored them as usual.

“We’ll have the stadium built by then.” He said. I nodded.

“Well… shake hands.” Trys’ queen pushed Leo towards me.

His head tilted upwards slightly, so his eyes were only just connecting with mine.

“You don’t have to do this.” He whispered, obviously trying to resist his parents idea.

“Neither do you.” I pointed out. I wouldn’t be accepting the battle if he hadn’t of went along with it.

“You realise if you do this then it’ll never work out.” His words just confirmed what my heart was screaming to my mind. Well, duh. One of us would be dead at the end of this war. It obviously wasn’t going to work out.

But then if he were to win, I would fade away anyway, like planned.

Guess this really was like Romeo and Juliet.

“It was never going to work out anyway, Romeo.” I grabbed the limp hand at his side and shook it like I had been told to.

Before I let go I squeezed his hand, I didn’t mean to, it was just my heart trying to hang on to the last piece of hope.

He looked sternly at me and I saw the harshness of my golden eyes reflected back at me in his crimson pupils.

“So this is how it’s going to end.” He pulled his hand away from me and laughed slightly.

“It wouldn’t have to end like this if it were never started.” I pointed out, making an obvious blow to Thif. I heard him grunt from behind Leo.

Leo turned around to leave and his parents followed.

“I’ll see you in two months, Juliet.”

(A/N: DUN DUN DUURRRR)