01. [ENG VER] Amour-Haine: A Peck

"For real, Scarle?"

The young man with three-colored jellyfish style hair glared sharply, making the jet black haired girl in front of him chuckle slightly. Scarle smiled, nodding enthusiastically.

"Yes, Kyo! Come on. Isn't something like this an easy thing for Kyo Kaneko?"

"I agree. You wouldn't be a man if you backed out of your choice, Kyo," the sweet young man with purple hair and soft yellow gradient hairlights with the last name Arcadia answered in a soft voice.

"Sometimes I regret why I am friends with you guys," Kyo groaned in annoyance, lazily he slowly got up from his seat and approached the black-haired young man with strange horns on top of his head. Making the young man turn his head when his book reading activity was interrupted.

"What?" he ask with a glare.

"You're the new kid, right?" Kyo asked curtly, hands on his hips reluctantly, obviously he didn't want to do this.

"Yeah,"

"What's your name?"

"Ren Zotto-"

Ren froze in place like a statue that had just been sculpted. The short peck that the cotton candy-haired young man gave on his cheek made him speechless and at a loss for words. Kyo scratched his itchyless head, sighing in frustration as he couldn't believe he had actually done this.

"Don't get me wrong. I was playing truth or dare with those two useless creatures over there," Kyo immediately intervened, without saying anything else he turned back to Scarle and Aster who were giggling excitedly.

Scarle immediately grabbed Kyo's hand to sit back in his chair, the girl enthusiastically asked, "Have you got his name?"

"Ren Zotto,"

"What about the kiss?" Aster raised and lowered his eyebrows mischievously, making Kyo dip his eyebrows.

"I gave him a peck on the cheek,"

"Aww, Kyo!"

"I hate you guys, really,"

Kyo's head hurt like hell when he heard the useless chatter of this short living doll next to him, Maria Marionette

Kyo's head hurt like hell when he heard the useless chatter of this short living doll next to him, Maria Marionette. The girl with the eyepatch on her left eye really talked a lot, whether it was about magical lessons or about random things in the human world that she had never seen before.

"I was really surprised the first time I saw the car. I thought it was a monster that could move so fast when it almost hit me," Maria said with an enthusiastic nod while chewing the bread in her hand.

"I'm more surprised now because you ate that bread," Kyo answered reluctantly, apparently tired of repeatedly having to remind her short friend next to him that she wasn't human.

"Ah, I forgot. Thank you, Kyo,"

"I'm not a trash can,"

Maria just chuckled when Kyo protested but still accepted the bread she had only taken one bite of earlier and ate it with a curt face. She already knew Kyo's over-tsundere nature and was used to it. Maria was never hurt by anything Kyo did or said to her in a rude way. She knew and understood that Kyo showed his affection and concern in different ways.