𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘

Start from the beginning

As she continued to weave her powers through the air, a sense of connection with the natural elements enveloped her. The leaves became extensions of her thoughts, responding to the unspoken language of her quirk. It was a silent conversation, a communion between her and the vibrant life that surrounded her.

As she listened to the gentle symphony of nature a new variable joined into the melody—footsteps. She had a pretty good guess of who might have followed her, and she was not pleased to say the least.

Amaya turned her head slightly, casting a sidelong glance at the approaching figure. Sure enough, Bakugou's silhouette emerged from the shadows, his familiar scowl etched on his face. She let out an exasperated sigh, realizing that her moment of solitude was about to be disrupted.

"Amay-" Bakugou was promptly interrupted by an invisible force slamming his back against the trunk of a tree.

He groaned in pain, his scowl deepening. Amaya crossed her arms, her annoyance evident as she stared down at him from her seat in the tree. "I told you to leave me alone," she said firmly, her voice laced with frustration. Bakugou winced, struggling to free himself from the force holding him in place.

"Seriously, Jetpack? This is how you greet someone who's just checking on your dumb self?" he grumbled, attempting to squirm free from the invisible restraint.

"I think you got off pretty easy." With an unsettling calmness in her voice, she extended her free hand towards a fallen tree trunk. Harnessing the power of her quirk, she lifted it into the air, only to clench her fist tightly, crushing the suspended trunk with an effortless display of strength.

Bakugou winced as the tree trunk splintered and cracked, emphasizing Amaya's frustration. "I get it, you're pissed," he muttered, his scowl matching her annoyance.

Amaya raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "You have a gift for understatement."

She leaped down from her seat in the tree and walked nearer to him, all the while keeping him in place with her quirk. "So, what's the actual reason you came out here?"

Bakugou grunted, still testing the invisible force that pinned him to the tree. "Look Amaya- agh! Can we talk like normal people instead of this invisible straitjacket crap?"

"Why'd you follow me?" She repeated, further pressing his back against the tree.

Bakugou drew in a quick breath, feeling the pressure from Amaya's quirk intensify. "Alright, damn it! I followed you because I was worried, alright?" Amaya's expression softened slightly as she released her quirk, allowing Bakugou to step away from the tree.

She crossed her arms, studying him carefully before responding. "Worried? About me? That's a first." Amaya looked up at him with skepticism, as if he was going to turn tail and run.

Bakugou turned his face away from her gaze, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Yeah, well, don't get used to it," he muttered, his voice slightly muffled. "I just... didn't want anything bad to happen to you, okay?" he added, his vulnerability showing through his tough exterior.

Amaya raised an eyebrow, her skepticism deepening. "Worried or not, you've got your own motives. You're not just here out of the goodness of your heart, Bakugou."

He clenched his fists, frustration evident on his features. "What the heck are you talking about, Jetpack? I don't have ulterior motives. I just didn't want you getting lost or something."

Amaya's gaze hardened, a wall of distrust rising between them. "I've been through this before, Bakugou. Someone pretending to care, only to have their own agenda. I won't fall for it again."