sixteen.

it was the third day back at school. things were going well, emma saw some of her friends, and is already liking her classes.

it was currently lunch break and emma was walking down to the nearest asian market. she goes there often, because she can buy her favourite korean snacks there.

today she was going down to buy matcha pocky sticks, which she tried when she went to japan in her second year of university. she loved japan and fell in love with the snacks there, especially the pocky sticks.

as she was walking, her phone started buzzing in her pocket, stopping her music. she looked at the screen and saw that chan was facetiming her. she clicked accept because who wouldn't want to facetime chan?

"hi!" emma excitedly says. "what brings you to call me?"

"i just needed someone to talk to while i work on some stuff. everyone else is busy!" chan furrowed his eyebrows.

"that's fine! my lunch break ends in an hour so our talk won't be forever." emma said.

"i understand. where are you going?"

"i'm going to the local asian market. they have matcha pocky sticks and i really want some."

"stay safe! if you need anything i'm obviously here." chan's dimpled smile appeared.

they talk about random things on emma's walk, like emma's friends and chan's groups friendships, childhood stories, and now trips they've been on. emma's been to sweden numerous times, japan, and england and france for her final year of high school. chan talks about his trips, like japan also, america, indonesia, the philippines, and singapore.

"ugh, i'd love to go to singapore." emma gushed at the idea of a trip to singapore.

"it's a beautiful place, you should definitely go when you can." chan said.

emma entered the market and went to the japanese snacks section. she found a stocked shelf of matcha pockys, so she took two boxes and went to check out.

she leaves the store and starts walking all the way back to campus.

"how's seungmin doing?" emma asks.

"he's doing good, he misses you a lot. he was looking at pictures of you yesterday." chan chuckled.

emma blushed a little. "aw, tell him i miss him too when he comes around." she said.

she makes it back to her dorm and starts making her lunch. she has the ingredients for a salmon sandwich so she makes that.

she sits down at the table with her sandwich, her pocky sticks, and her water bottle she's yet to finish.

"ah, i had one of those sandwiches while we were in denmark, those are so good." chan pointed out.

"they're one of the best! they're one of my favourite sandwiches, personally." emma took a bite out of the sandwich.

she then eats a pocky stick and pretends to faint at the deliciousness of the flavour.

"the best of the best," she points at the half eaten stick.

just then, the door to chan's studio opens, revealing a bare face changbin.

"are you on call with emma? does seungmin know??" changbin playfully grabs chan's shoulders.

"he doesn't need to know!" chan retaliates. "anyway, where did you come from?"

"i just had dinner with wooyoung." changbin replied.

emma freezes in place. "wooyoung? jung wooyoung?" she manages to get out.

"yes, jung wooyoung." changbin was a little confused. chan tells the unaware boy that emma really likes ateez. changbin nods in understanding.

emma shakes her head in disbelief, but then again shouldn't be surprised as she is because they're best friends after all. but then she realizes if changbin hangs out with wooyoung, and wooyoung is in the same group as san, and san is a '99 liner, she may have some sort of connection to san. now she realizes she's just delulu, so she shakes it off. (05/18/24 a/n: why was i rambling here i'm so sorry)

"are you cheating on seungmin with wooyoung??" changbin asks emma.

"no! i wasn't cheating on seungmin in the first place!" emma exclaimed. chan was dying of laughter.

unfortunately, the hour goes by and emma has to head back to class. she says goodbye to chan and changbin and cleans up the place before grabbing her belongings and heading to the university building.

later that night, around 8pm, emma gets a text from chan. it was a selfie of him and changbin leaving the studio. emma did the math and realized it was 3am when they finally left. she scolded them for leaving so late, but chan didn't care.

—author's note—
sorry for the boring chapter again 😭 this is a filler again but i promise you in like two more chapters it's gonna get better. also school starts again tmrw but hopefully i can keep up my consistent updating

i hope your school week goes well!