『𝕂𝔸𝕋𝔸𝕀 𝕍𝕀𝕊𝕀𝕋𝕊 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝕌𝕃𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼 𝔽𝔼𝕊𝕋𝕀𝕍𝔸𝕃!』

Start from the beginning

It had been about half an hour since Tadano had last seen Najimi and Kagami. Either Kagami had caught them and they were no longer among the living, or they had managed to slip away and Kagami had decided to find something better to do.

He found that neither of these assumptions were correct when Najimi went flying past him, followed closely by... Ishioka-san sitting on Katai-kun's shoulders? The pair were fast. Katai was no slouch, and combined with Kagami's sharp eyes and added height thanks to Katai's form, there was no way they would miss Najimi in the crowd, especially since it parted immediately to keep away from the large male.

Despite being tunnel focused on her mission, Kagami spotted Tadano in the middle of the crowd before they turned the corner to follow Osana. She tapped Katai on the head to get his attention and pointed towards Tadano. Katai was confused, but didn't argue as he began to lumber towards the smaller male.

Tadano watched in shock as Kagami swung one of her legs over Katai's head to sit on one of his muscular shoulders before hopping off and landing on the floor silently. Her dress billowed up slightly, flashing the black shorts she wore underneath for situations like this.

"Hey, Tadano-kun. This is Katai-kun. Katai-kun, this is Tadano-kun." Katai stared at Tadano, feeling awkward and uncomfortable with meeting one of Kagami's friends.

Tadano understood immediately. "Hello, it's really nice to meet you, Ishioka-san has told me a lot about you." This put Katai more at ease, allowing him to give Tadano a small smile of appreciation that everyone else around them took as a threat.

"You too. Ishioka-san has mentioned you in several of her stories." Tadano glanced at Kagami for confirmation, only to see Kagami had turned a dark shade of red. When Tadano flushed pink, Katai looked between the two in realization.

Oh.

The group had taken to walking around the school, popping into other classes to see their projects

The group had taken to walking around the school, popping into other classes to see their projects. Katai had gotten comfortable enough with Tadano to make short conversation with him, and Tadano was doing his best to keep him included.

Despite their best efforts, Katai was still stiff and looking around awkwardly. "I think I'm going to head home now. There's a lot of people here and everyone's staring at me." Kagami nodded sympathetically, understanding where he was coming from.

She offered to walk him to the gates, but he refused, not wanting her to miss anything. His ulterior motive, unknown to the pair, was to leave them to spend some time together alone. Kagami was his first friend, and he wanted her to be happy. He would do everything in his power to help her with this.

"So, should we meet up with Komi-san?" Tadano was desperate to make sure they weren't left alone. He didn't trust himself around her. His head kept spinning in circles, knowing that Kagami had talked about him to her friend a lot. He had already embarrassed himself plenty, and he wanted to do his best to keep it from happening again.